Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-25-2010, 10:51 PM   #1 
DragonFish

A Rescue...Kindasorta LOL

Yeeeeeeeah....you all know where this is going don'tcha? xD

Stoooooorrrrry tiiiiiiiimmmmmmmmmeeee!!

Well at work we have all these sick male bettas....most of them are OK really, just some tailbitting/finrot and seem to be on their way to getting better and are healthy otherwise. But there are some that are just so sad and pittiful looking...a lot of them are DTs, which is odd O.o Maybe we just got a bad batch of them or something....

But anyway, since these guys weren't getting better in their cups.....someone decided take on of the sick tanks in the back and put some of the worse off bettas in there. Of course this caught my attention immediately and I went right to my manager. She brought me back and explained everything and got a flashlight(the tank was almost pitch black) and let me look in and around the tank.....and too be honest, they were doing better in there then in their little cups. Of course the tank was heavily planted and kept totally dark...and these guys were still kind of sick ;P
SO NO ONE GO DO THIS AT HOME, KAY?! ITS A HORRIBLE IDEA.

But, yeah....there wasn't much I could do...but my manager assured me that they're being monitored closely and whatnot....but I think she felt kind of bad that I got so upset over the issue, because she gave me permission to bring up to three bettas home at a time and nurse them back to heath.

I don't have room for three sick bettas...but I did snag one of the worser ones off and bring him home for now. Hes a VT, and very pale, seems like he'd been back in the sick room for some time.....but he got all excited when he saw me, or at least tried too xDD....he had that drive to live. So I brought him home. I'm sure with some TLC he'll be fine in a couple weeks or so ;)

So, there's my story for today xDD LOL though I also gave a couple people proper care advice on bettas, and met a customer with an ANBU tattoo(Naruto fans will get this) xD Lol, OH!! And I rescued some guppies too...they accenetly got caught and thrown away with some dead guppies, but luckily I noticed, fished them out of the trash, and got them back in their tank ;)
I'll get pics of Rescue later, once I get him settled and whatnot ;)

Last edited by DragonFish; 09-25-2010 at 10:56 PM.
DragonFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 12:38 PM   #2 
DragonFish

ROFL xDD I'm greatly amused by all the views and lack of responses ;) Yeah, I love you guys too ;P But, little Rescue is doing tons better...getting his color back, eating like a pig...LOL, hopefully it won't take him long to recover.
Old 09-27-2010, 01:06 PM   #3 
windfire

well done for rescuing him and good luck, i hope he gets better soon :D
windfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 01:10 PM   #4 
DragonFish

Haha, yay! A Responce!! xDD Lol, thanks...I might pick another one up today, now that I have my other Kritter keeper back. I'll have to look and see how the others are doing...
Old 09-27-2010, 01:36 PM   #5 
nochoramet

Haha that happens to me all the time. I'll see 50 views and no comments XD
But good luck in bringing them back to their full potential! I hope the guys in the tank don't rip each other up too much D:
nochoramet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 01:41 PM   #6 
DragonFish

LOL, we're just loved like that Nacho xDD
Haha, thanks!! Yeah, I know though Dx Its so painful to even think about....:/
Old 09-27-2010, 06:11 PM   #7 
nochoramet

Yep, I feel the love radiating XD personally I just think a lot of the times people are just too lazy to respond haha.
And same here.. I really, really hope it's dark and they don't just bump into one another and attack :(
nochoramet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 06:32 PM   #8 
purplemuffin

:P the other thing is there are a lot of people 'lurking' who don't have accounts :O That might contribute to the amount of views!
purplemuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 06:50 PM   #9 
Lunatatice

I hope the bettas heal! Good luck!
Lunatatice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 07:04 PM   #10 
Mingxia

I always enjoy reading stories on other people's experiences. In the store I've only cleaned out one of the Betta's mini container. It was filthy and I couldn't bare it. I wouldn't enjoy sitting around in my own filth. Anyway great job with the rescue and I hope they all get better.
Mingxia is offline   Reply With Quote