Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-26-2010, 11:00 AM   #1 
JaspersANGEL

What should I do!?!

What would be the cheapest set-up to put a Betta in...

Yesterday with my bro, we stopped at PetsMart, I had to get plant fertz... well I saw this gorgeous blue mix Crowntail, he was powder blue with white on some of his rays and this totally adorable face..it's like he had on this little black mask.

A mutt for sure given the mix of colors but a really adorable mutt, and just I would hate to see him die in that cup, where he's gonna be headed for sure given what he looks like.
I love unique Bettas :-0

Should I go back tonight or something and see if he's still there, I forgot to pick up conditioner so there's my excuse.
JaspersANGEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 12:02 PM   #2 
Alexanderismylife

He sounds adorable! I think the cheapest set-ups would be the 3-4 gallon critters keepers...I beileve they are 7$ but not 100% sure! I know they sell them at my walmart,but they also sell them at my petsmart too. Good luck with getting the new betta! :)
Alexanderismylife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 12:15 PM   #3 
DragonFish

Yup yup, that would be the cheapest tank you could get....and Kritter keepers are awesome, easy to do water changes in and can be safely heated ;)

But, you will also have to get the other essentials, like a heater, silk plants, a cave...(you don't HAVE to have substrate though, that's up to you)so keep that in mind. Even when going for a Kirtter keeper, a whole new settup isn't going to be all that cheap...it'll probably run ya about 30-40 bucks, depending.
DragonFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 12:45 PM   #4 
1fish2fish

You can get a 5ish gallon tub from walmart for about $3. That's what I'm using for a spawning tank right now. Then all you really need is a cave (old coffee mug.. 25c at a thrift store or yard sale), a plant or two (until you can get more) and a heater.
1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 01:38 PM   #5 
JaspersANGEL

I also thought that maybe I could divide Jet's tank, he's in this huge 5g. Or do kings have to have bigger tankx, if I devide the five i'll get two 2.5g on each side, I just find it not fair, when Jet goes to put a normal size betta in a five and Romad and Tex are in 2.5's.
So the divider will always serve.
JaspersANGEL is offline   Reply With Quote