Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-16-2010, 03:42 AM   #1 
loppy656

Talking Werdist jobs!

Whats the weridest job or weridest thing that has ever hapend to you on the job? I would post mine but i dont have a job
loppy656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 01:49 PM   #2 
AnimeFish

I worked at a local college bookstore back in Florida a few years ago and got the occasional wacky customer. The weirdest moment was when some scrawny guy came in wearing a beige dress, a messy long haired blond wig, lavender high heel shoes that were to large for him, and a large red purse.

I don't know if it was a dare by some friends to mess with the bookstore employees or what. He looked like he just threw everything together at the last minute, it was really trashy looking. Had peach fuzz, messy wig hair and make-up, and had bad BO.

All my co-workers ran to the back of the store and left me alone with him. He kept following me around the bookstore asking stupid questions and for an application. I answered them nicely with a straight face, and after 20 minutes he finally left. He was a nice guy other then the horrible outfit and BO.
AnimeFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 02:07 PM   #3 
frogipoi

Well I am too young for a job but the weirdest thing I did was:
turn into a pretzel. (lol JK) okay um... *thinks* I do not know. Do you think running around chasing your cat out of your shower is weird? lol
frogipoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 03:40 PM   #4 
PeiMai

I worked as a oyster farmer...that was pretty bizarre.
PeiMai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 08:30 PM   #5 
JamieTron

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeiMai View Post
I worked as a oyster farmer...that was pretty bizarre.
Me too!! well not just oysters in my case

as for weirdest job I had...I was a voice for a robot cow at a theme park. The robot was creepy and I was verbally harassed a lot by children.
JamieTron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 08:57 PM   #6 
Maryrox247

The only jobs i have are going to school and breeding bettas,platies, and guppies. (if those count lol) Anyhow though I dont have any good job stories my dad has TONS! Every day (or almost every day) he comes home talking about a crazy customer that came in... might I add he is the manager! Here is one of his famous stories: One time this old wrinkled man comes in wearing a hat (this is a shoe store by the way) and starts looking at the shoes, but not just any shoes, WOMEN'S SHOES! He picks out a pair and shoes them to dad and says " do you have these in a 10 double wide?" and my dad just looks at him for a sec thinking "why is this guy asking for a women's shoe???" and finally tells him that the shoe he wanted was for ladies and he takes off his hat and says " I am a lady." and dad couldnt believe her but just said "Ok." and got her the shoes. ROFL!
Maryrox247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 09:56 PM   #7 
frogipoi

Omg!
Old 08-16-2010, 10:28 PM   #8 
RKbusy

Oh, I definitely have to join in on this one. LOL. Not a weird JOB, but something weird and funny that happened at a job!

So I was working for the city as a student payroll assistant (helped with bi-weekly payroll stuff) and because the city offices here are pretty chill, we didn't have to dress formally, as long as it was clean/non-provocative. Anyway, so I have super short hair, and kinda look like a guy... (I get mistaken for one loads of times), but usually, the moment I open my mouth and look embarrassed, people are like, OMG, I'm so sorry miss >.<

Anyway, there was this one morning, when I was going into the lady's bathroom, and at the same time, this tiny little Asian cleaning lady comes out with all her supplies and she just starts yapping at me in really heavily accented English. She kept on pointing at the MEN's bathroom across the hall and literally would NOT let me enter! I was half laughing and half wondering how my voice didn't totally peg me as female.

Anyway, she actually tries to lead me to the men's room, like, "this! This!", and one of my co-workers comes out, and starts laughing hysterically, and I think FINALLY, it sinks in on the cleaning lady, and she starts apologizing, and backing away.

LOL. Funniest day on the job ever. Definitely. And of course, I get many co-workers suggesting I wear a wig/skirt/sign next time I head for the bathroom.
RKbusy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 10:31 PM   #9 
frogipoi

Ha ha. I might get a hair cut soon but I won't want to have it short I guess.
Old 08-17-2010, 01:46 AM   #10 
loppy656

Lol! Nice storys. Anyone have any more?
loppy656 is offline   Reply With Quote