Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-26-2010, 10:07 PM   #1 
beat2020
Member
 
beat2020's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Mexico
What are you currently working on and goals for the future.

Like the title says. What are your goals in breeding right now, and what are goals/ plans for the future.

Currently I am working with Multi HM's. I have 1 pair that didn't do so well with breeding, but I might pick up another pair soon. Right now my goals are to just keep that HM quality finnage on my spawns. So pretty much I'm just trying to improve finnage. For color I want to work with blue/red multis and MGs. My long term goals for these spawns are to have a line of blue/red butterfly and marble multis and to eventually create my own line of light colored MGs.

For example a base color like this


But the blue in the body and fins a light pastel color.

Like this

But instead of brownish and white on the fins, light blue, yellow, and white.I would also like to expand my line to at least DBT.
Another goal of mine would be to send some of my fish to lots of shows next year. I just joined the IBC today, so I can't wait to read up on the stats of the shows this year.

So what are your breeding goals?
beat2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 10:23 PM   #2 
MrVampire181
Member
 
MrVampire181's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Colorado
Blue HMPK dragons and eventually show quality VTs.
MrVampire181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 08:07 AM   #3 
FloridaBettas239
Member
 
FloridaBettas239's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: The Gun Shine State
Hey if you like multicolors and joined the IBC And want some show quality fish, from the united states. My friend that owns the site greatwhitebettas.com has a forum kind of like this but for people that own show quality bettas and are trying to better the breed... And there's a user on there named martinsmommy, she even sales on AB sometimes but anyway. She does really good at the ibc shows, so you know she has good fish and that's her thing is multicolors.. I can have him email you the link for the show forum...
FloridaBettas239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 09:18 AM   #4 
FloridaBettas239
Member
 
FloridaBettas239's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: The Gun Shine State
So I am A IBC member and have 2 pair of blue marble halmoon dragon, From Thailand breeder aquastar71. On those pair I have 2) F1 spawns from them that I am growing out so I can selective breed and make my own line.. I plan on staying with the marble blue dragon halfmoons.....

Here is the male Of the F1 spawn He is the daddy and the starter stock..







And then I have a pair of blue marble halfmoon's with some dragon influence, that pair come from bettysplendens.com
I also have a F1 spawn from them also and what I like to is the pair from bettysplendens and the pair from thai are not sibling's so I can do some cross breeding with the fry from the F1 spawn's... And this is pretty much what I am working on to make the most perfect betta I can.
This is what I am about..... Link below...

http://www.bettysplendens.com/articl...articleid=4074

Like my avatar picture...
FloridaBettas239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 09:42 AM   #5 
beat2020
Member
 
beat2020's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaBettas239 View Post
Hey if you like multicolors and joined the IBC And want some show quality fish, from the united states. My friend that owns the site greatwhitebettas.com has a forum kind of like this but for people that own show quality bettas and are trying to better the breed... And there's a user on there named martinsmommy, she even sales on AB sometimes but anyway. She does really good at the ibc shows, so you know she has good fish and that's her thing is multicolors.. I can have him email you the link for the show forum...
Yeah I know Martinismommy. That seceond male I posted is a fish from her, and I'm probably going to get more stock from her soon. I've also met her face to face when I went to pick up my fish. She's definitely one of the best breeders in the US now and she is doing great in the shows with the multis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaBettas239 View Post
So I am A IBC member and have 2 pair of blue marble halmoon dragon, From Thailand breeder aquastar71. On those pair I have 2) F1 spawns from them that I am growing out so I can selective breed and make my own line.. I plan on staying with the marble blue dragon halfmoons.....

Here is the male Of the F1 spawn He is the daddy and the starter stock..







And then I have a pair of blue marble halfmoon's with some dragon influence, that pair come from bettysplendens.com
I also have a F1 spawn from them also and what I like to is the pair from bettysplendens and the pair from thai are not sibling's so I can do some cross breeding with the fry from the F1 spawn's... And this is pretty much what I am working on to make the most perfect betta I can.
This is what I am about..... Link below...

http://www.bettysplendens.com/articl...articleid=4074

Like my avatar picture...
Wow I really like the line you're working on FB!
Are you only going to focus on HM?
beat2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 02:09 PM   #6 
1fish2fish
Member
 
1fish2fish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Savannah, GA
I'm not too interested in creating lines right now. I'm mainly focusing on getting the experience of raising spawns and learning what to look for in fry I would want to keep. I don't really have the space or money to try to create a line at this point. I do however want to put out the best possible fry so I'll keep buying the best possible stock to breed from and breeding for form and finnage as well as color.

That being said right now I have a MG/Melano geno spawn. Should hatch today or tomorrow. I do eventually want to work with both Mustard Gas and Melano so I will be keeping a few nice specimens back to possibly do an F2.

I have a multicolor BF x pastel HM pair in the spawning tank right now. Still no spawn from them. If I get one I'll be trying to get multicolor butterflies in different colors (the father is red/blue based).. I'll be keeping any really nice Butterfly babies.


Besides MG and Melano, in the future I want to do a line of fancy marbles, extended red HM and HMPK, I'd like to get lines of non-irrid blues and reds since those are some of the colors that are disappearing.

I also want to work with wilds. There are many species I want to work with.
1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 02:36 PM   #7 
Adastra
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Northern Virginia
Beat2020, I love that first male you posted. It reminds me of Vinita's (Nicebettas) blues--she had the most beautiful line of fully masked sky blue bettas with light yellow variegation in the fins and yellow eyes. Gorgeous--you should consider contacting her if you want some great stock for this line. She does great work with blues. I believe her line was called "serenade":

Last edited by Adastra; 09-27-2010 at 02:39 PM.
Adastra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 06:19 PM   #8 
beat2020
Member
 
beat2020's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fish2fish View Post
I'm not too interested in creating lines right now. I'm mainly focusing on getting the experience of raising spawns and learning what to look for in fry I would want to keep. I don't really have the space or money to try to create a line at this point. I do however want to put out the best possible fry so I'll keep buying the best possible stock to breed from and breeding for form and finnage as well as color.

That being said right now I have a MG/Melano geno spawn. Should hatch today or tomorrow. I do eventually want to work with both Mustard Gas and Melano so I will be keeping a few nice specimens back to possibly do an F2.

I have a multicolor BF x pastel HM pair in the spawning tank right now. Still no spawn from them. If I get one I'll be trying to get multicolor butterflies in different colors (the father is red/blue based).. I'll be keeping any really nice Butterfly babies.


Besides MG and Melano, in the future I want to do a line of fancy marbles, extended red HM and HMPK, I'd like to get lines of non-irrid blues and reds since those are some of the colors that are disappearing.

I also want to work with wilds. There are many species I want to work with.
Congrats on the spawn!

Ahh well. Even if you're not focusing on creating/keeping lines I still think it's wonderful that you're breeding quality fish still.
BTW out of the lines you may want to work with I'm definitely excited about the extended reds. They're some of my favorites. :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adastra View Post
Beat2020, I love that first male you posted. It reminds me of Vinita's (Nicebettas) blues--she had the most beautiful line of fully masked sky blue bettas with light yellow variegation in the fins and yellow eyes. Gorgeous--you should consider contacting her if you want some great stock for this line. She does great work with blues. I believe her line was called "serenade":
Wow Adastra that female is stunning!
Kind of what I want to work with but maybe with less iridescence and some white in the fins.
I'm totally going to look up that breeder to maybe get some stock from in the future. :)

Last edited by beat2020; 09-27-2010 at 06:24 PM.
beat2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 09:23 PM   #9 
1fish2fish
Member
 
1fish2fish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Savannah, GA
After these spawns are grown and sold I'm probably going to try to find an extended red HMPK pair or at least a red HMPK pair to spawn. That is unless I have melanos from this spawn to breed.

I'd like to possibly get some of my fish into shows, I'm not sure if I'll have anything nice enough from this spawn but maybe :)
1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 09:30 PM   #10 
MrVampire181
Member
 
MrVampire181's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fish2fish View Post
After these spawns are grown and sold I'm probably going to try to find an extended red HMPK pair or at least a red HMPK pair to spawn. That is unless I have melanos from this spawn to breed.

I'd like to possibly get some of my fish into shows, I'm not sure if I'll have anything nice enough from this spawn but maybe :)
I'd love to have a nice red HMPK pair...always wanted one but I got my dragons so that's good enough for me :)
MrVampire181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
meds not working?! colorfulfishies Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies 4 08-24-2010 09:58 PM
BettaFix not working...need help zerlinafish Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies 11 01-16-2010 12:46 PM
It's working! CodeRed Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies 4 12-03-2009 09:05 AM
JFC AND Bettafix isn't working BettaxFishxCrazy Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies 4 10-13-2009 10:18 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:40 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.