Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-27-2010, 09:23 PM   #11 
beat2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fish2fish View Post
After these spawns are grown and sold I'm probably going to try to find an extended red HMPK pair or at least a red HMPK pair to spawn. That is unless I have melanos from this spawn to breed.

I'd like to possibly get some of my fish into shows, I'm not sure if I'll have anything nice enough from this spawn but maybe :)
I'm really looking forward to you getting a pair of extended reds :)

I'm pretty sure you will have fry that are show quality from these spawns. After all they come from a great show breeder.
beat2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 10:49 PM   #12 
vilmarisv

Currently I want to work on Yellow HM BF but I want to introduce blue in that later on. I would love to create some strongly defined blue and yellow marbled BFs.
But this is an everchanging plan. I will see what I get from my yellow BF pair and work from there, my main goal is to improve finnage.
vilmarisv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 10:58 PM   #13 
beat2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by vilmarisv View Post
Currently I want to work on Yellow HM BF but I want to introduce blue in that later on. I would love to create some strongly defined blue and yellow marbled BFs.
But this is an everchanging plan. I will see what I get from my yellow BF pair and work from there, my main goal is to improve finnage.
That's my main goal right now as well. I really want to start sending fish to shows next year, so I'm going to just going to really try to improve that HM quality finnage.
Old 09-28-2010, 11:37 AM   #14 
doggyhog

I'm breeding Blacks currently... Have always loved them and so now I'm taking the plunge. :)

Got a Black melano X Black orchid Marble in the spawning tank right now. Hoping for Melanos, marbles, and Black Orchids. They are both Super Deltas, but I am mainly looking to get experience breeding and raising fry. Hopefully I will be able to start a line and improve finnage. The female comes from a giant line.
doggyhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 04:35 PM   #15 
beat2020

Cool DH!
Blacks are really beautiful!

Whats kind of black are you mainly focusing on?
Old 09-28-2010, 05:14 PM   #16 
doggyhog

Erm... Haven't decided yet. Depends on what I get. I'm fine working with any of the blacks.
Old 09-29-2010, 03:13 PM   #17 
beat2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by doggyhog View Post
Erm... Haven't decided yet. Depends on what I get. I'm fine working with any of the blacks.
Well with the pair you have now, I think you should expect some nice marbles and maybe some black orchids. :)
Old 09-29-2010, 03:37 PM   #18 
doggyhog

Yep, that's what I'm hoping for. :)
Old 10-03-2010, 06:15 PM   #19 
beat2020

Well I think I'm actually going to start my light colored MG line soon. :)

Check out this thread to see my new stock.

http://www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=52831

I think these guys will be my foundation into building the line. The first MG girl has a light MG color that I really like.
Look for a new spawn log in a few weeeks. (:
Old 11-09-2010, 07:49 PM   #20 
beat2020

Just thought I would update this thread. :) I'm currently growing out some fry. They will be the foundation for the light colored MG line I metioned earlier in this thread. However before these fry grow out,I wanted to try something different, which is why I recenlty bought a purple copper HM. (Pics of him here http://www.aquabid.com/cgi-bin/aucti...ashm1289190648) If he gets here safely,(Should be here tomorrow) I'm going to try to breed him to my HMDT steel MG female soon. My first goal for this spawn would be to improve the dorsal. That's where my HMDT comes in. I'm hoping for some nice DT geno dorsals in the first generation. Another thing I would like to improve would be the butterfly coloring. So later on I would like to introduce some kind of good butterfly dragon HM. (Either a blue masked,yellow,or copper butterfly HM.) I hope that I could get a few nice spawns so I can start showing next spring. :)