Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-25-2010, 08:20 PM   #1 
ds2009

Post Is there a proper way to feed a betta bloodworms?

So I tried feeding my betta fish a bloodworm since I have heared that they go crazy for them. When i put it in there he hardly gave it any notice. He didnt even try to nibble on it. Is there a way i should be feeding him them? Also on the bottle they caution people to wash their hands thoroughly if they come into contact with their skin. Are bloodworms hazardous to humans or something? Let me know, thanks ^^
ds2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 08:55 PM   #2 
Drift

I believe the caution is mostly for people who would possibly have an allergic reaction. :) Better safe than sorry.

You could try using tweezers and wiggling it around to grab his attention. I use tweezers and it's easier for the both of us. I hate touching them. :P
Drift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 08:59 PM   #3 
zelilaa

idk why it says to wash hands thoroughly... mine doesnt say that. And one time i ate on the bloodworms to see how it tasted. Seriously! That was a week ago. I didnt get sick and im still alive so i doubt its poisonous. Anywyas, My fishie LOVES bloodworms. But sometimes he ignores his food completely. Hes annoying like that occasionaly. SO to get your fish to eat, gently put it in the water RIGHT IN FRONT OF HIS FACE when he comes to the surface. Make sure its in front of it so he can see it. And make sure he's not busy with his reflection of something. If you do this properly, you have a 99.9 % chance of him eating it. Really. Hope I helped!
with love- zeli
zelilaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 09:13 PM   #4 
MrVampire181

Are they frozen or freeze dried? I'm slightly allergic to freeze dried but 100% ok with frozen.
MrVampire181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 09:32 PM   #5 
ds2009

Theyre freeze dried. I did just finish feeding him some flakes so he might have not been hungry lol. I will try your tips tomorrow, thanks everyone :D
Old 09-25-2010, 11:18 PM   #6 
Alex09

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelilaa View Post
idk why it says to wash hands thoroughly... mine doesnt say that. And one time i ate on the bloodworms to see how it tasted. Seriously! That was a week ago. I didnt get sick and im still alive so i doubt its poisonous. Anywyas, My fishie LOVES bloodworms. But sometimes he ignores his food completely. Hes annoying like that occasionaly. SO to get your fish to eat, gently put it in the water RIGHT IN FRONT OF HIS FACE when he comes to the surface. Make sure its in front of it so he can see it. And make sure he's not busy with his reflection of something. If you do this properly, you have a 99.9 % chance of him eating it. Really. Hope I helped!
with love- zeli
*shivers*
Alex09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 07:27 PM   #7 
dramaqueen
Banned

Eeeuuuwwww! lol
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 07:45 PM   #8 
Kaiopaka

I believe bloodworms are mosquito larvae, so someone very allergic to mosquitos can have a reaction to them.
Kaiopaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 08:55 PM   #9 
ds2009

Oh ok, so i tried feeding him a bloodworm today but it looked like it was too big for him, he kept spitting it out and gave up after a while, i even gave him a smaller one and he still spat it out. Am i doing something wrong or is he just being a weird betta lol ^^;
Old 09-27-2010, 11:16 AM   #10 
dub shih

Maybe pre-soak it before you feed it to him?
dub shih is offline   Reply With Quote