Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-27-2010, 01:22 AM   #1 
TayHudson

Update (:

It's been a while since my last post. So I figured I'd do a small update. I still only have 2 Bettas, Simon & Dexter. Lol. I really want to get more, but I truly can't at the moment. Maybe one day.

So tonight/this morning around 1 a.m I was laying in bed reading a book when I looked over and noticed that Dexter my male VT was swimming awful funny and when I took a closer look at him I could see his tail was starting to "rot" a tad, not a lot but just enough to concern me. Simon on the other hand the CT who's fins didn't look so hot when I got him are coming along nicely. So I decided to do a vacuum and 60% water change. I took Dexter out and put him *slaps myself* in a bowl/vase. It's a very large vase that has never been used. I think we got it years back when I graduated high school. It's about 1.5 gallons worth. I cleaned it with some boiling hot water, and cleaned some gravel and a plant for him and put him in it. Of course I put water conditioner in it also :)

So I gave the tank a really good cleaning and I've decided not to put Dexter back in the 10 gallon with Simon. I just don't like the divider and it wasn't looking all that great to me. So I'm either going to give Dexter to my boyfriend, who's kept fish for years or get him a 5 gallon tank for himself and try to find room for it. Lol.

He seems quite happy in his new "little" hopefully temporary home. I feel absolutely terrible that it's the only thing I had to put him in for the time being. I'll just have to make sure it's extraaaaa clean for him, so his tail can get better. He really needs his own pad. Maybe a nice 5 gallon. He's showing no other signs of any diseases and I've had him for a week now. Which is a good sign. And Simon was actually giving me a little show tonight. Flaring and showing off his colors some more. It's the first time I've really seen him to it and I snapped quite a few photos. I guess I should post them in the "pictures" part of the forum.

So look for those if anyone decides to read this. Sorry it's so much. Just had a lot to say :)

Hope everyone AND their fish are doing well
TayHudson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 01:34 AM   #2 
FuulieQ

Aaah, my fish had a really persistent case of rot for a LONG time. :I

It wasn't anything bad, just a little bit of fray. I tried everything to get rid of it. And then, when I moved him into his 5gal, it just up and cleared. xD

So hopefully Dexter will feel better once you get him is five gallon. :)
FuulieQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 01:58 AM   #3 
TayHudson

I really hope so. I feel so terrible for putting him out like this. I just hope he can hang out till I get him his own home. I love them both and just want him to get better :)
TayHudson is offline   Reply With Quote