Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-15-2010, 10:52 PM   #1 
Panthera

From 0-10 in 43 days D:

Hard to believe that a month and a half ago, I had 0 Betta's, and now I'm up to 10! D: Well I'm certainly glad I decided to make an impulse buy when I first got Adamu at Petco back in November. If I hadn't, my new friends might not have survived the cups of doom ;) Well considering I really am up to 10, (I know a lot, but I'm addicted, as are most of you. No more for awhile), I decided to have a photoshoot and get photos of everyone. Well Umbriel hid so couldn't get much of her. Plus Hydra was takin a poop, so not the best pics, but eh what the heck. Here are the 10! 3 Boys, 7, (hopefully future sorority) girls.

#1: Adamu

(Ahh my first one :3 He has such attitude this one. Always flaring at me when I wake up and check on him, and I ALWAYS wake up to find yet another bubble nest, no matter how many times water changes destroy them.)

#2: Polaris

(This one cracks me up so much. He's always wiggling to get fed, and he thinks I dropped the pellet when I didn't, and immediately jumps and misses. Just look at how he's lookin at me, "I aint want no camera in my face. Get me some food foo."

#3: Lyra

(The Chameleon. Always changing colors, from pink-white, to purple, to gold, to turquoise. Look at her, even her tail is a different color! So pretty :3)

#4: Pyxis

(I can't believe how much little Pyxis has changed o.o She was completely brown when my dad got her as a present for me, with dark black stripes all over her. And now she's iridescent lavender. So pretty.)

#5: Sadira

(One of the other girls my dad got me as a present. She's so pretty, but frickin hates the camera, so I could only get 2 out of 20 decent shots -_- Sadira is such a weirdo, I literally have to push the food at her so she will eat it. She doesn't even realize its there - -")

#6: Gemini

(Gemini is such a little devil. She flares more than any of my males, even Adamu, and will attack anything I put in her tank. Her daily activities include flaring at Hydra through the divider- who is literally 3 times bigger than her. Don't tell Gemini that ;)

#7: Umbriel:

(What a ball of attitude this girl is. I suspect the sister of Gemini, for a few reasons. They are both the same size as well as CT's, both were in cups next to each other at petco, and they're both total drama queens. Seriously, ever seen an episode of the Bad Girls Club with Tanisha? Well these 2 are both Tanisha, and when I put them together to see if they would get along. Both got slapped in the face by a tail ;P)

#8: Hydra

(These are the best pics I could get of Ms. Behemoth, just ignore the poo ;). She really is a Hydra lol. Callin' it right now, she's gonna be the Alpha when the sorority is ready. Although Gemini is much more of a gangsta, it'll be interesting to find out.)

#9: Triad

(My newest guy that I got from Petco in the middle of a blizzard a few days ago. He loves his little home, even though its a temporary 1 gallon. He is always either in his cave, or sleeping under that big leaf :3 Glad I could rescue him from the horrid cups at Petco.)

#10: Lumen

(Last but certainly not least, Lumen, my newest Betta. I named her Lumen for a few reasons, 1: If any of you watch Dexter, you'll realize that Lumen overcame a horrible situation and was damaged deeply by it. Fish Lumen also was in horrible conditions, and has SBD, along with what I suspect as a spinal deformity. Lumen overcame her problems, I just hope this one can too :D Oh, and I love the name.)

~Well that took awhile - -" Hope you all liked seeing my little treasures, I know I tend to write to much and you all probably clicked out once you saw the paragraphs, but whatever. I'll update with some pics when the sorority is done cycling. Make sure to check for an update on my Sorority Journal Thread! Byez :P
Panthera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 10:56 PM   #2 
Sweeda88

They're all beautiful!
Sweeda88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 07:10 AM   #3 
monroe0704

I love all your little girls! Pyxis is my favorite, so unique :))) when do you plan on starting the sorority?
monroe0704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 08:20 AM   #4 
fleetfish

They sure sneak up on you, don't they, lol! Beautiful fishies, and good luck on your sorority :)
fleetfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 11:20 AM   #5 
FeistyFins
Banned

You have such a nice group of gorgeous bettas! And they all look very well taken care of! Great job!
FeistyFins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 12:10 PM   #6 
Panthera

Thanks everyone! I love them :3 And I'm looking into getting some gravel from a LFS near me in order to speed up the cycling of the sorority tank. If I do get some gravel, I could put the girls in the tank in about a week. Maybe less ;) Lumen is doing MUCH better, she isn't wiggling like a tadpole when she swims now, and she's much more active :D
Panthera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 01:48 PM   #7 
TaylorW

Your fish look amazing and very healthy! They are all beautiful! <3
TaylorW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 02:33 PM   #8 
Comatose

I think Triad is adorable.
Comatose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 03:13 PM   #9 
LikeDiscoSuperfly

hehehe.. you were definetly bitten by the betta bug.

your girls are all beautiful. good finds!
LikeDiscoSuperfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 03:39 PM   #10 
betta fish crazy

Is Gemini a CT?
betta fish crazy is offline   Reply With Quote