Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-29-2010, 02:41 PM   #21 
KukaaKatchou

No issues yet. The top is a clear plastic flat inset with cut outs for the filter and attachment for light. Sam seems pretty happy in there. Have to switch out one of the plants as apparently it isn't aquatic >( but so far so good. Filter has adjustable speeds and I have it set to low. There's a picture of my tank in this section attached to my thread about Sam's new home
KukaaKatchou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 09:52 AM   #22 
crookedreality

Unfortunately the Tetra Crescent's hood lamp is not strong enough to accommodate plants... any suggestions for a suitable 5 gallon with good lighting?

Thanks!!!
crookedreality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 10:10 AM   #23 
ryancalif

Aqueon Evolve is a pretty nice looking tank... it doesn't come in a 5 gallon though (2 gallon, 4 gallon, and 8 gallon).

I'd advice against the Walmart 5-gallon tank though... I've got one now and am looking to get something else. Poor quality lighting, bad filter, and a lid that rattles.

Last edited by ryancalif; 03-27-2013 at 10:21 AM.
ryancalif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 10:15 AM   #24 
crookedreality

Thanks for the prompt response, ryancalif!!

I agree about the rattling lid....I made an adjustment by adding some of BlueStik puddy in between the lid and aquarium contact surfaces (the rattling seemed to originate from noisy interaction between the two when the filter was going).

I'll check out the Aqueon Evolve! I'd rather not buy anything less than a 2.5G for the lil guy, and an 8 gallon may be a big large for my space constraints, but if that's my only option it'll be on the top of my list!

Thanks again,
Al
crookedreality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 10:20 AM   #25 
ryancalif

Very welcome! I hope whatever you get works out for you. :)
Old 03-27-2013, 12:01 PM   #26 
lilyth88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arowan View Post
Looking for advice on the best kit on the market (the 5-gallon hawkeye at Walmart is sold out) for bettas, ideally from users with experience on said tanks. :) Currently looking at the 5-gallon mini-bows or the 5-gallon eclipses... Never having purchased a real aquarium before, (currently have a 2.5gal critter carrier with heater) I don't know which brands are most reliable. I'm also planning to grow some live plants, and would like to know which aquarium kit comes with the best light for such. Also working in a poor-college-student budget!
I use two of the hawkeye 5 gallons and I love them. I just ordered mine online, and it shipped extremely quickly. I got it in 2 days from the time I placed the order. Shipping was also free.
lilyth88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 12:30 PM   #27 
kyle89

I have the 5 gallon led Walmart kit and have no problem with the lid rattling and the filter isn't bad either. Now the led light is bad for a planted tank but works for just a Betta and a few decorations
kyle89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 12:47 PM   #28 
Otterfun

Fluval SPEC V:
glass, filter, 6500K LED works fine with my low light plants and sleek design IMO.

On sale at Petco for $63.99, free shipping.
Otterfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 04:35 PM   #29 
ryancalif

As another option... this one is pretty sleek.

http://www.petco.com/product/117299/..._shopFishTanks
Old 03-27-2013, 07:19 PM   #30 
kyle89

This is my 5 gallon led Walmart tank with a light upgrade

Wow I really need to clean the outside tank window!!!!!

Last edited by kyle89; 03-27-2013 at 07:33 PM.
kyle89 is offline   Reply With Quote