Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-30-2010, 05:58 PM   #1 
Bettabubble3

Cool I missed you guys! so pic!

Hey everyone! I miss this thread. I havent been here forever. So busy! So many sports/ school. Anyways lets get to the fish! I have 2 bettas right now. Metallico 3 years old and the blue and white one. :0 i forgot his name! anyways hes 1 year old. Metallicos in a 3gallon tank and blue is in a 5 gallon tank. AND! i fell in love with this guy. hes very small. ive had him for quite some time. hes in a 10 gallon tank and hes a Pearlscale goldfish. Hes so cute! He has a filter and bubbler. Here he is! tell me what you think!
Attached Images

Bettabubble3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 09:32 PM   #2 
LikeDiscoSuperfly

I lobe your halloween rocks. hehe.
LikeDiscoSuperfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 01:10 AM   #3 
dramaqueen
Banned

The halloween rocks are pretty cool.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 02:08 AM   #4 
abbeh15

I would love to see pics of your bettas.

Your Pearlie is nice and round like a pumpkin. Fits right in with your Halloween rocks!

When I kept goldies I had a fat pearl girl. Not to draw attention away from your pics, but here are some pics of my gal. It's what you should expect your baby to look like when he/she gets bigger :)

abbeh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 10:01 AM   #5 
Bettabubble3

Omg <3 I can't wait. She's the cutest fish I've ever seen!! Can you tell me some tips and care for her? Like what size tank did you give her? Size ex.ahh
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-31-2010, 01:19 PM   #6 
abbeh15

She was housed in a 75 gallon tank with 3 other goldfish. Good food, lots of space, and plenty of water changes will help your baby grow to max potential.

Pearlscales can grow to the baseballs, so your 10g will only last so long as she will need space to swim. The more space you can give her the btter off she will be.

As she gets bigger she will also produce a lot more waste, so water changes will be needed to keep ammonia & nitrIte at 0 and nitrAte less than 20. A filter that moves 10x the amount of water in the tank per hour will help with that. Your filter on you 10g should move 100 gph.

Goldfish are considered coldwater fish, but most fancies aren't as hardy as commons and comets. A heater set to around 76*F will make the more comfortable and active.

Goldies also like company, so if you ever get a bigger tank(at least a 20g) you should get her a buddy. Another pearlscale would be a good choice as they are fat, clumsy, and slow. That way your pearl wouldn't have to compete for food with a faster moving fancy.

If you have any other questions just ask and I will be happy to help.
abbeh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 07:26 PM   #7 
Bettabubble3

thanks i hope 2 buy one