Housing
What size is your tank? it is a regular fish bowl :(
What temperature is your tank? i do not know D:

Food
What type of food do you feed your betta fish? the bloodworms ><
How often do you feed your betta fish? once a day

Maintenance
How often do you perform a water change? once every three/four days
What percentage of the water do you change when you perform a water change? all of it o.o
What type of additives do you add to the water when you perform a water change? water conditioner aquatan? .o.

Symptoms and Treatment
How has your betta fish's appearance changed?
he looks the same >< blue/red but maybe he gotten redder ...i do not know it is my sister's fish >< she just does not take care of it to change the water cause she fails thus i do it for her >< ... he also loks a bit more black now that i look at him more :(

How has your betta fish's behavior changed?
he stays at the bottom of the tank more and it looks like he is tired :( he tries to swim and he manages it but quickly he stops and stays still for a while then tries to swim and stays at the same place if i disturb the water he moves around but he rarely goes to the surface :( thus he has not eaten for the past 3 days? :( i do not know what to do T_T ...even though he is not my fish i love him D: -sigh-
i have noticed that sometimes he rests on the bowl sideways :( although he can swim i see that he can ...i feel like he gets tired fast D: and yes he has not been eating his food :(

When did you start noticing the symptoms?
the moment they started i noticed

Have you started treating your fish? If so, how?
no..i do not know how D: that is why i am here
Does your fish have any history of being ill?
no he was always healthy
How old is your fish (approximately)?
6 or 7 months

please help me make my Bubbleboy get better T_T
Crystallia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 02:20 AM   #2 
FuulieQ

Well, first of all, a bowl is usually not big enough for a betta to live in. does he have a water heater? How often do you change his water?

Is he bloated?
FuulieQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 02:22 AM   #3 
Crystallia

no he is not bloated :(
and no there is no water heater >_< what is that? :(
Old 09-27-2010, 09:33 AM   #4 
ashleyy

My suggestion if you want to really make your betta happy and healthy. You need to go to a pet store and look for the "critter keepers" They are a plastic tote with a plastic vented top. They are usually kept in the reptile sections. They aren't very expensive. 16 bucks for the large one (which I would suggest, the "large" one this will be about 2.5 gallons) And then you need to buy a heater. I highly recommend the Marineland 25 watt adjustable heater. But if you can't afford it I suggest getting the Hydor Mini for 2-5 gallon tanks. This will be in the fish tank accessory section of the pet store. And get him some flake or pellet food made just for betta because it is not recommended to feed them only blood worms

If you get a tank like I suggested you will need to do a 100% water change at least every 3 days. I also helps if you have some extra water gallon jugs hanging around so you can fill them up and let the water sit in there a day or two before you water change. This will prevent those tiny bubbles you get in the tank, which can form inside the betta.

When you water change you want to make sure the temperature stays consistent. You can do this by filling the tank with the aged water from the jugs and leaving a little room left to adjust the temperature with cold or hot tap water. Just make sure you add appropriate water conditioner. Oh! another thing you need to get. A thermometer for the tank. They are cheap, like a $1.25 and it has a suction cup so you can stick it on the inside of the tank.

I know it is a lot to buy, especially when on a budget. But I think it is worth it to give a little animal the best life you can. After all, we are their provider. There isn't much they can do without our help to keep them happy and healthy :]

I hope I helped.

Last edited by ashleyy; 09-27-2010 at 09:37 AM.
ashleyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 09:33 AM   #5 
dub shih

Seems pretty obvious what is needed for prevention.

-Bigger tank
-Heater
-More varied diet
-More water changes

As far as treating him now... heater, epsom salt, constant water changes.... at least that is what I've read from all the other threads.
dub shih is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 02:46 PM   #6 
Crystallia

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleyy View Post
My suggestion if you want to really make your betta happy and healthy. You need to go to a pet store and look for the "critter keepers" They are a plastic tote with a plastic vented top. They are usually kept in the reptile sections. They aren't very expensive. 16 bucks for the large one (which I would suggest, the "large" one this will be about 2.5 gallons) And then you need to buy a heater. I highly recommend the Marineland 25 watt adjustable heater. But if you can't afford it I suggest getting the Hydor Mini for 2-5 gallon tanks. This will be in the fish tank accessory section of the pet store. And get him some flake or pellet food made just for betta because it is not recommended to feed them only blood worms

If you get a tank like I suggested you will need to do a 100% water change at least every 3 days. I also helps if you have some extra water gallon jugs hanging around so you can fill them up and let the water sit in there a day or two before you water change. This will prevent those tiny bubbles you get in the tank, which can form inside the betta.

When you water change you want to make sure the temperature stays consistent. You can do this by filling the tank with the aged water from the jugs and leaving a little room left to adjust the temperature with cold or hot tap water. Just make sure you add appropriate water conditioner. Oh! another thing you need to get. A thermometer for the tank. They are cheap, like a $1.25 and it has a suction cup so you can stick it on the inside of the tank.

I know it is a lot to buy, especially when on a budget. But I think it is worth it to give a little animal the best life you can. After all, we are their provider. There isn't much they can do without our help to keep them happy and healthy :]

I hope I helped.
-sigh-
well ... i will tell my sister about this

Why is he staying at the bottom side ways :( i am scared that something happened to him T_T BUBBLEBOY T.T

are you sure he is not sick? :(

>_< maybe he is bloated and i cannot see it :( WHAT DO I DO -cries-

Last edited by Crystallia; 09-28-2010 at 03:02 PM.
Old 09-28-2010, 03:23 PM   #7 
swoozie13579

does he have white spots on him?? does he rub on hard things like the plants??
swoozie13579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 03:45 PM   #8 
swoozie13579

does he have white spots on him?? does he rub on hard things like the plants??? (if u have any). if he does that and swims awkwardly then that is the symptoms of Ich. if your fish has Ich use commercial Ich remedy for at least 2 weeks. hope i helped
swoozie13579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 06:29 PM   #9 
Ajones108

ashleyy = The large critter keeper is about 4 gallons. The medium critter keeper is about 2.5-3 gallons.

I have both and a regluar 2.5 gallon tank, and a 5 gallon tank, just to clarify this for you. :p

I can't pinpoint any particular illness yet... Saying its a standard fish bowl, you probably need more water changes, every other day 100%
Ajones108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 06:59 PM   #10 
Capricorn

Yeah, judging from the rest of it I would say that his water is probably too cold and it needs to be changed more often.
Capricorn is offline   Reply With Quote