Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-30-2010, 06:25 PM   #11 
windfire

it is a tea, i drink it occasionally with honey. its supposed to help with fin damage, fungal infections and i think they mentioned parasitic cases, someone on another forum uses it when he breeds his bettas in the fry tank to stop fungal outbreaks. its dirt cheap here, i got some in the kitchen right now. she's resting in the java moss now, i'll isolate her tomorrow, cant get to my other tanks now, its after midnight here, and just for the hell of it treat her with rooibos tea, its apparently almost impossible to overdose with it so i got nothing to lose. i may get some bacteria meds when im at the fish shop tomorrow, im reluctant to medicate though if i dont know what it is. she's not bloated, no fin damage or white spots. maybe i'll get a antiparasite thing aswell.

oh and i just finished my album with the new scapes.
windfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 08:41 AM   #12 
Oldfishlady

How neat-I like the natural methods of treatment with fish-I have been doing that for years with a lot of success and even experimenting with some of the herbs I grow...haven't found anything special yet, but I don't have many sick fish either anymore now that I started with natural methods...so I have to go buy sick fish to use and no limit on those now days...lol.....I haven't used OTC medication in my fish room for over 20 years or more....too harsh and overused.......IMO/E.....

I have read about people using decaf tea bags for the tannin effect....now, I will have to go and look Rooibos tea up....I drink lots of tea myself and I like trying new natural things....
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 10:31 AM   #13 
windfire

ok so this morining her eyes looked abit poped so i bought a general tonic by tetra the new fish have fin damage so i put all three in a bowl with some rooibos tea and dosed the whole tank with the general tonic. its turned the whole tank neon green so cant get pics of the new plants and fish and figurine
windfire is offline   Reply With Quote