Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-29-2010, 01:22 AM   #1 
Jenidhe

Talking Going to be a new Betta mommy!

I have a friend that's been too busy with her new purebred Boston Terrier litters to keep up with her kids' bettas, since they weren't doing their part in taking care of them, so my family is adopting them. We are excited to meet our new fishy friends. We are going to have to figure out if the bowl/tank will be good for them in our home or if we'll need to change it up. I've been having fun reading through threads here and learning more. As soon as we have them, I will post pics along with the names the kids come up with.

I am definitely going to have to learn about the best ways for cleaning a betta habitat. It's been ever so long since I've been in a house with fish, but I'm excited to get a nice habitat set up and have fun with some happy fish!
Jenidhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 01:25 AM   #2 
TigerLily

Welcome to the forums and the hobby! You'll find lots of helpful advice here and plenty of people willing to answer your questions. Taking care of these fish is definitely a learning experience, and once you get the knack of things, it's totally enjoyable!

I can't wait to see pictures and hear about your new fish. Best of luck!
TigerLily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 12:17 PM   #3 
Adastra

This thread is a good start: http://www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=49160

But you can never do too much research. I highly encourage looking around at other threads and checking out other sites to get as much information as you can before you bring these bettas home. How you choose to house them will have a significant impact on your lifestyle for potentially the next 5-7 years, so keep maintenance in mind when you make your choices.
Adastra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 11:59 PM   #4 
dramaqueen
Banned

Hello and welcome to the forum. You'll love your new bettas. They have so much personality.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote