Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-30-2010, 12:10 AM   #1 
shakiigrrl

Question Indian Almond Leaves???

HI I have heard that putting indian almond leaves in your betta tank was extremely good for them...it does color your water a tea like color but the little guys like the stuff..and apparently there is a liquid version as well? Does anyone know some details about this?
shakiigrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 12:13 AM   #2 
MrVampire181

I use Nutrafin Betta Plus..which contains the extract when I breed them, but I don't use it when they're jarred...only for breeding because it's expensive :P. You can also use banana leaves available at any Whole Foods store. Just be sure to dry them.
MrVampire181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 12:02 PM   #3 
Oldfishlady

I use native oak leaves from my yard instead of IAL-cheaper (free) and does the same thing and right at my finger tips waiting to be gathered and used. Native oak leaves may not be from their native habitat but they don't know it (the Betta)....lol....
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 10:15 PM   #4 
shakiigrrl

Ok so went to Big ALs tonight and VERY DISAPPOINTED. 1 thing I must say is that good thing this forum exists to let me know what to keep an eye for and listen too. Well I was given the speach that Bettas live in dirty puddles .... no need to say any more and oh yeah THEY are experts of anything fish....first woman I spoke with when I mentioned my fish died after I did my 100% tank clean told me NEVER to do 100%...told her I have a 1 gallon and OF COURSE I WILL do 100% and she said she was an expert only for another worker to come up and butt-in and say YES 100% weekly is needed GEEZ great expert! So I thought this 2nd girl would be what I needed to help and well.....she told me about the dirty little puddles...hmmmm
Anyways sorry about the rant...was just expecting more from Big Als since all they do is freshwater and saltwater fish GEEEZ it wasn't PetSmart already!
Ok so back to the topic of this thread...when I ask girl #2 about Indian Almond Leaves she had no clue what I was talking about and that I might want to check out the Market downtown (Ottawa). Ummm I know you can buy a liquid that would do the job but mostly I was looking for information...well after the puddle comment maybe it was better she didn't know about the Almond Leaves LOL.
shakiigrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 07:28 PM   #5 
BettaGirl290

woooow, i hate it when ppl do that! >8(
BettaGirl290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 10:58 PM   #6 
block2

Hi Min,

Check our website out at www.bettawan.com has lots of information regarding Indian Almond Leaves.

Regards
Jeff & Wan
block2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 11:21 PM   #7 
pisces74

I am currently using a used tea bag of earl grey decaff. tea. So far I think my fish looks really happy. I put some tea in his tank and this morning I found his first bubble nest. I hope that means he is really happy. I put the tea bag in there in hopes to lower the ph which I have no idea why, seems to keep climbing. I will post a video for u guys to see and maybe let me know if he seems happy. I cant find any peat, spagnum moss, or driftwood. I was hoping this could be the alternative.
pisces74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 11:37 PM   #8 
MrVampire181

I buy from Amy in Bangkok...she's cheap and only sells th ebest leaves :)
MrVampire181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 01:17 AM   #9 
nOOb iHACK

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakiigrrl View Post
HI I have heard that putting indian almond leaves in your betta tank was extremely good for them...it does color your water a tea like color but the little guys like the stuff..and apparently there is a liquid version as well? Does anyone know some details about this?
This might be the one you're speaking of:
Atison's Betta SPA
nOOb iHACK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 03:17 AM   #10 
AngelicScars

I used that Attison's betta spa back with my first betta and he really didn't seem to like it. I haven't used it since.
AngelicScars is offline   Reply With Quote