Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-03-2011, 12:12 PM   #571 
GunsABlazin

Constantly. I have my own Percheron and cart, and i show him. He LOVES precision courses.
GunsABlazin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 12:14 PM   #572 
Sakura8

That sounds AWESOME! Do you show only in WA or do you travel?
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 12:18 PM   #573 
GunsABlazin

Only in Washington. :) sounds like an advertisement ONLY IN WASHINGTON, DO YOU DRIVE A HORSE.
I sometimes go to Oregon and do the Oregon trail in the summer.
Old 07-03-2011, 12:18 PM   #574 
fightergirl2710

He actually doesn't look as bad -_-... Just crazy bed hair, he has mad curly hair but he cut it a few days ago because he's joined boxing and he doesn't want to wear a headband lol! So ya, now he's perfect :P
No I get what fixed is XD its just that how come she was already spayed before you got her.
I wish I could appreciate the horses like you guys do! I know nothing about them and I've ridden just once. I don't even know the breeds and stuff so I get very lost when you guys talk about them lol! I'm a city slicker .__.
fightergirl2710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 12:19 PM   #575 
fightergirl2710

I think they're pretty horsies though ^^
Old 07-03-2011, 12:19 PM   #576 
Sakura8

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunsABlazin View Post
Only in Washington. :) sounds like an advertisement ONLY IN WASHINGTON, DO YOU DRIVE A HORSE.
I sometimes go to Oregon and do the Oregon trail in the summer.
You're giving me incentive to travel, I'd love to see a show sometime.
Old 07-03-2011, 12:23 PM   #577 
Sakura8

Quote:
Originally Posted by fightergirl2710 View Post
He actually doesn't look as bad -_-... Just crazy bed hair, he has mad curly hair but he cut it a few days ago because he's joined boxing and he doesn't want to wear a headband lol! So ya, now he's perfect :P
No I get what fixed is XD its just that how come she was already spayed before you got her.
I wish I could appreciate the horses like you guys do! I know nothing about them and I've ridden just once. I don't even know the breeds and stuff so I get very lost when you guys talk about them lol! I'm a city slicker .__.
Ooooh. I thought it was weird you wouldn't know what fixed was. ^_^ She was a stray that just happened to show up in our yard. I think she either got lost from her former owner or ran away. We put up posters but no one responded. Our latest cat, Risdee, came to us already fixed too. I wish they could talk, I'd love to know where they came from and why.

Hehe, I'm a city slicker too, just a horse-crazy one. So I've had a ferret, cats galore, a rooster, and a turtle show up in my yard out of the blue. When is a horse going to show up??? Our backyard actually is big enough for a horse, it's huge, but there's that whole zoning law thing.
Old 07-03-2011, 12:27 PM   #578 
GunsABlazin

fighter- you dont have to know alot about them to enjoy them, and dont feel bad about not knowing breeds..their are "Types", then the "breeds" that fall in those types..then the difference between to original and the americanised. Like
Drafts (Type)
Blood(cold{meaning thicker skined and more adapted to cold weather})
breed-Percheron (french)
Original-around 17hh(1h=4in), short thick legs, wide body, roman (rounded) face, round butt, thick feathers (hair on legs), calm.
American-around 18+hh, long lean legs, lean body, Typey (dished) face, "Rafter-hipped (but that has a sharp top point and falls away quickly), little to no feathers, crack heads.
Old 07-03-2011, 12:31 PM   #579 
Sakura8

And then the native breeds and the controversy of whether some horses are a breed or just a coat pattern, like the palomino gets its own page in my breed book but because the color occurs in many different breeds, some believe it shouldn't be classified as a breed. And the types like "hunter," "cob, and "polo pony" and "riding pony." Oops, sorry, I think I'm confusing you even more, Fighter.
Old 07-03-2011, 12:43 PM   #580 
fightergirl2710

I didn't realise horses were so complicated! We don't have horses here except for those fun fair ones, who I just feel bad for.. They're always tiptoeing on one leg or the other :(
My knowledge of horses extends only to Black Beauty and that movie, Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron. but this is really interesting...