Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-30-2010, 03:35 PM   #1 
Jenidhe

Our newly adopted bettas!

Kind of a poor picture right now, will work on some better ones, just so excited!

The one on the left is crimson colored with a bit of blue iridescent coloring here and there. Also has a bunch of ruffly, curly bits on it's fins.

The one on the right is not as deep a crimson color, top fin is more blue, and there's blue and green iridescent coloring on it's back and sides. This one's fins aren't as frilly as the other one's.

My 3 year old has already dubbed them Goldfish and Icy.

Going to have to see about getting them a bigger home!
Jenidhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 05:29 PM   #2 
Alexanderismylife

Pretty bettas but...I'm not a big fan of tanks like that. I don't even think they are 1 gallon...So I do beileve that you would have to do daily water changes,or at least every other day. Also It stresses out bettas if they can see eachother. Bettas should have around 2+gallons at least IMO. I would invest in getting two 3-4 gallon critter keepers,you can get them at petsmart I know for around 7$ a peice. They are a good size for bettas,and not too expensive. Another good thing is they can be heated,and a heater would be a good idea also if you do not have one since bettas prefer warmer temps around 78-80 degrees. Gorgous bettas though!
Alexanderismylife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 05:49 PM   #3 
Jenidhe

Yeah, that's the divided "bowl" my friend's kids had them in. We'll be looking into tanks tomorrow. They also gave us HBH Betta ColorBright flakes.
Old 09-30-2010, 11:08 PM   #4 
purplemuffin

if you can, switch him over to pellets! They are better for them in the long run!
purplemuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 11:49 PM   #5 
Jenidhe

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. I've been reading on this site for the past 4 days since I found out they would give the fish to me. Tomorrow we are going out to look at tanks and such so that they can be happy little fishies. Goldfish has been showing us a bit of his personality flicking his tails and fins around. I can hardly wait to see them in their new (separated!) home!

The three year old clarified that the other is Icee, like the frozen drinks, because of the coloring.