Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-01-2010, 07:39 PM   #11 
luv2run21

carpenter547,
why would you kill the fishies the whole point is to save the poor fishies not kill them jeez thats just...
luv2run21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 09:33 PM   #12 
Ajones108

carpenter - DUDE, after that post I really have absolutely no respect for you. That is just... sick. We have kids here, you know.

If ANYONE has to euth a fish, PLEASE, think of how YOU would feel if you had YOUR head cleaved off your body. Be humane, use clove oil. Be responsible owners.

I am now deeply disturbed. :S
Ajones108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 09:40 PM   #13 
carpenter547
Banned

not going to defend the proper way to euthenize fish.

the point is some one who lets one fish sit and rot to death will do the same to other fish. better a clean death than rotting to death.

ps fish are prey animals they are what's for dinner for everything so sorry if i offend you with the proper method of ko'ing a fish and while it is passed out using one clean motion to end the life. i suppose there is a better way i just don't know of it. sorry life sucks and part of owning or "animal husbandry" is knowing when thier life and or life quality is worse than the release of death.

a question was asked an answer was given. if you don't like the answers don't ask the questions.
carpenter547 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 09:57 PM   #14 
purplemuffin

There is just some care you have to take on a forum where 9 and 10 year olds visit regularly! At least warn before you say things like that. There are other ways of humanely euthanizing an animal! While I understand the need at times to put down an animal, try to do explain in a way that is more sensitive!

As a note: I keep a variety of reptiles, birds, amphibians, etc.. I understand when there is a need to have an animal put down, when it is too far gone and in pain.. I've had to deal with mice born with severe birth defects. The most peaceful way to put a fish down I think is the clove oil method--WITHOUT the head removal..

Last edited by purplemuffin; 10-01-2010 at 10:01 PM.
purplemuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 10:16 PM   #15 
TeenyTinyTofu

Carpenter, there are children here, and even adults that don't want to read your posts about chopping a fishes head off. Use some tact, please.

Also, it's a senseless death to kill a perfectly healthy fish, to prove a point to someone else. Humanely euthanizing the sick fish, I could understand. However, euthanizing a healthy one just to prove a point is sickening, to say the least.

To the OP, I would ask your friend to please give you the fish, and that you will take it home and put it in a fish tank of your own. Convince them by telling them that if they did that, then their other fish would have the whole aquarium to itself like they want. Maybe they will change their mind and decide to let you have the sick one, so you can treat it.

Best of luck, I'm sorry your friend is being so heartless.
TeenyTinyTofu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 11:05 PM   #16 
carpenter547
Banned

sorry i have made this point in private and now i make it in public.

yes my post at times are less than tea party etiquette how ever my facts are actually facts and are labeled as such. i don't applogize for my tact or lack there of. the truth is the truth.

the moment i am told by a mod i am in the wrong i will apologize for my tact. the moment i am shown with proof to be wrong i admit and defer to the correct facts.

again if you are too squeemish to do something proper then you shouldn't have been in that position in the first place.

in this case several steps are wrong

my firend is taking such poor care of her betta *poor choice in firends if you are that sensitive to thier suffering*
that i had to take this to the internet *useless effort in the most part since no one cares enough on the net to go offline and fix it for you*
to get suggestions *don't complain if you ask be prepared for answers*
on how to force my friends hand *you really can't make any one and if it is this big of an issue for you then stop being friends*

clove oil and knife is as humane as it gets sorry but true you put them under and then sever all vital connections while it is under.

http://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/fo...d.php?t=355750 for those who think i am heartless this is the thread where in i learned how to euthenize a fish.
carpenter547 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 11:08 PM   #17 
MrVampire181

Ok just bring a couple of bags when you see her next. Wait until she's gone and get both fish. Then run... :P

That's terrible...Oh he's sick...LET HIM DIE BECAUSE I LIKE
MrVampire181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 11:45 PM   #18 
Alex09

All this drama for decapitating an unconscious fish? seriously? I know nine year olds who like to burn ants with glass and pour salt on snails... How is the life of your pet betta fish less equal to the life of that ant or snail or the fish/chicken/pork on your plate during dinner? I mean, I absolutely love lobster. And those are boiled alive when they're cooked.

Yes we all love our betta's but a fish... is still a fish. Whether it be betta, or slamon, or those feeder goldfish used to feed turtles. Dont blow it out of proportion.

LOL. There are nine year olds here? I had absolutely no care for computers at that age. It was all about me and my dog :P

Last edited by Alex09; 10-01-2010 at 11:50 PM.
Alex09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 11:48 PM   #19 
1fish2fish

To play devil's advocate.. Carpenter547 is not wrong. Yes a little tact is always nice and TBH I didn't see the point in posting euthanasia techniques on this particular thread BUT.. that method is humane. There are several methods that make us squirm that do the trick. However, because of the young population of this forum we usually shy away from discussing the more grotesque details unless it is through private message.

To the OP. I would talk to your friend's parents. What she is doing would be highly illegal if it weren't a fish. Tell them you would like to take the fish and care for it, that way the girl gets what she wants but the fish doesn't have to suffer.
1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 12:00 AM   #20 
SilverCaracal

I would just take the fish and run. :)
SilverCaracal is offline   Reply With Quote