Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-01-2010, 11:06 PM   #21 
carpenter547
Banned

i have just been told by a mod to really pay more attention to my tact. and as i am a man of my word and having explained my postition and stance to her / him i will apologize for my posting to adults and not keeping my tact inline with talking to children. again i said it and i stuck to it.

sorry for the hijack but the statment was made in this thread. so i now return you to your regularly schedualed cartoons.
carpenter547 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 11:25 PM   #22 
MrVampire181

Ok just bring a couple of bags when you see her next. Wait until she's gone and get both fish. Then run... :P

That's terrible...Oh he's sick...LET HIM DIE BECAUSE I LIKE TO SEE THEM SPIN WHEN THEY FLUSH!!....Sick tiwsted people.
MrVampire181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 11:30 PM   #23 
carpenter547
Banned

related to the cruelty not the post

had a employees at walmart tell my kids to stick popsicle sticks in their fishes mouths when they die so they could be fish sticks in the freezer.
carpenter547 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 10:11 AM   #24 
luv2run21

I hope that fishie gets better
luv2run21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 03:51 PM   #25 
BettaGirl290

well i am 10..... but i think its cruel and just sick! i would actally flush them down, or if there where special, id bury them
BettaGirl290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 04:22 PM   #26 
Oldfishlady

Flushing a fish is not only the cruelest way to euthanize a fish- but it can also be harmful to the environment.........sometimes we have to make hard decisions for our pets......you have to look at quality of life and what is in the best interest of the animal- not us...its part of responsible pet ownership........sadly, sometimes we have to euthanize humanely so the animal does not suffer needlessly.....the faster the better for both you and the animal with proper disposal of the body-either in the trash, buried, burned, fed to another animal.
If you can't do it yourself (and not everyone can) it is important to find someone that can do it for you......doing what is easy for you may not be in the best interest for the animal and/or environment and that is selfish.........
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 06:48 PM   #27 
Ajones108

Euthing a fish with clove oil I could handle. Having multiple pets throughout my life, I know now when it is in their best interest, when it is best to just euth instead of watching them suffer and hoping they'll get better. Clove oil is OK. But I'll let the clove oil work on its own.
Ajones108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 07:02 PM   #28 
1fish2fish

The problem with clove oil is it is not always effective on its own. That's why it is suggested that you put vodka in after the fish has stopped moving to ensure it is gone. Either that or you have to put a LOT of clove oil in. I prefer to always use two methods just to ensure that the fish is actually gone and not just anesthetized.
1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 11:32 AM   #29 
BettaGirl290

UGGGGGGH! can we stay on the subject???? i dont wanna be rude but im bit shy to her mom....
Old 10-03-2010, 11:36 AM   #30 
BettaGirl290

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeenyTinyTofu View Post
Carpenter, there are children here, and even adults that don't want to read your posts about chopping a fishes head off. Use some tact, please.

Also, it's a senseless death to kill a perfectly healthy fish, to prove a point to someone else. Humanely euthanizing the sick fish, I could understand. However, euthanizing a healthy one just to prove a point is sickening, to say the least.

To the OP, I would ask your friend to please give you the fish, and that you will take it home and put it in a fish tank of your own. Convince them by telling them that if they did that, then their other fish would have the whole aquarium to itself like they want. Maybe they will change their mind and decide to let you have the sick one, so you can treat it.

Best of luck, I'm sorry your friend is being so heartless.
good, ill infulnce or whatever its spelled her and then she may gimmie the fish! i feel evil but to save a life out of it isnt mean.