Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-02-2010, 01:05 AM   #11 
ForbiddenSecrets

Well it seems there is something called Black Spot for fish [or Tang] here but then again it might just be his coloring or because he's light. My black HM has a lot of black dots as part of his patterning on his fins and my red VT has a few black scales.

I'd keep a close eye on his behavior and looks. Try to determine if its just a part of him or something /on/ him. It could be nothing at all c:
ForbiddenSecrets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 01:18 AM   #12 
Jonsson

I have never been able to figure out how much to feed him. I give him 2 pellets in the morning and 2 a night. Am I over or under feeding him?
Jonsson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 01:23 AM   #13 
ForbiddenSecrets

That's what I feed most of my boys [with Xochipili getting a bit less since he's smaller and shorter and Commie sometimes 5 instead of four because he's large and very active] at sun up and sun down with a fasting day once a week.

If he doesn't get any bloat problems then it's fine if he does seem to get a bit fat then fast him until the bloat goes down and lower the feeding amount.

Also every once in a while you might want to mix up his diet a bit with some frozen blood worms. It's healthy as a treat dinner [like when we splurge on good food] and keeps his life interesting c:
ForbiddenSecrets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 01:26 AM   #14 
carpenter547
Banned

the aforementioned black spot disease is rather unharmful to your betta right inline with algae blooms if it gets bad then feel free to treat for it. this condition is found in mollies a far amount as i have read and is non fatal or even very stressing for the fish. it is about the same a your dog having a tick or to could get bad but normally just an eye sore. basically keep an eye on him see if they move or grow and if you can get a good look see if they are flush and smooth or if they are raised above like bumbs that will help id them too.
carpenter547 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 01:32 AM   #15 
Jonsson

Thanks for all of the advice guys!
Old 10-03-2010, 01:04 AM   #16 
Jonsson

How often should I do water changes in my tank? How much of the water should I take out during the water changes?