Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-02-2010, 10:33 PM   #1 
Rawriie
New Member
 
Rawriie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Over the rainbow :3
Smile Creeped Out? xD

I am O_O I just bought a Otocinclus Plecostomus Fishie, and hes like, swimming everywhere really rapidly O_________O Im not sure if thats normal; he really looks like he`s dancing which is rather funny *cough*&&disturbing*cough* Anyone else seen something weird like that? xD
Rawriie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 10:41 PM   #2 
JKfish
Member
 
JKfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Georgia
Hey rawrie :D

Is your tank cycled? and how big is it again? What are you going to feed him?

ottos need to be in groups of 3-4, so you'd need a bigish tank, and they are really delicate so your tank should be cycled if you want him to live long :)

He sounds adorable though.
JKfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 10:49 PM   #3 
Rawriie
New Member
 
Rawriie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Over the rainbow :3
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKfish View Post
Hey rawrie :D

Is your tank cycled? and how big is it again? What are you going to feed him?

ottos need to be in groups of 3-4, so you'd need a bigish tank, and they are really delicate so your tank should be cycled if you want him to live long :)

He sounds adorable though.
ARE YOU JKING!? OMG THATS Dx Im in trouble D: I should have researched more...;.; I have a 5 gallon tank...and I dont know a thing about cycling and I only have 1 Otto ;.; omg what should I do *panicked*
Rawriie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 11:03 AM   #4 
JKfish
Member
 
JKfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Georgia
don't worry Rawrie, it's fine!

Though, yes, researching is always a good idea. Impulse buys aren't good when they concern animals, especially if you don't know how to care for them.

Look, for the time being he should be fine. At the moment, you have 3 choices. 1) return him 2) upgrade to a 10 gallon, cycle it and put your betta in there with the otto and buy your otto some friends 3) keep him as is.

if you keep your otto as is, he probably won't live as long as expected, and you increase the possiblity that your betta will attack him, however, I think it's possible to do so.

Feeding wise, if you have cucumbers or zuchinni, boil some pieces until they are sort of mushy, then sink them in there, or buy some algae wafers.
JKfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 12:59 PM   #5 
purplemuffin
Member
 
purplemuffin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Central Texas
Cycling isn't that hard! :) If you choose to get a ten gallon there are plenty of people who can help you! And since you already have a tank, you can use some of the 'aged' decorations/gravel to make the cycle go faster! Otos are cute already and cuter when they have a group :3
purplemuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 06:35 PM   #6 
Rawriie
New Member
 
Rawriie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Over the rainbow :3
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplemuffin View Post
Cycling isn't that hard! :) If you choose to get a ten gallon there are plenty of people who can help you! And since you already have a tank, you can use some of the 'aged' decorations/gravel to make the cycle go faster! Otos are cute already and cuter when they have a group :3
A ten gallon? What kind of fishies I could put and how many? =3 Thanks Muffin!!! <3
Rawriie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 06:38 PM   #7 
Rawriie
New Member
 
Rawriie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Over the rainbow :3
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKfish View Post
don't worry Rawrie, it's fine!

Though, yes, researching is always a good idea. Impulse buys aren't good when they concern animals, especially if you don't know how to care for them.

Look, for the time being he should be fine. At the moment, you have 3 choices. 1) return him 2) upgrade to a 10 gallon, cycle it and put your betta in there with the otto and buy your otto some friends 3) keep him as is.

if you keep your otto as is, he probably won't live as long as expected, and you increase the possiblity that your betta will attack him, however, I think it's possible to do so.

Feeding wise, if you have cucumbers or zuchinni, boil some pieces until they are sort of mushy, then sink them in there, or buy some algae wafers.

I did though O_o I looked plecos up and didnt really look for "otos", jus that they were one of the smallest Plecos o-o So I thought, "Hey, maybe it would be fine in a 5 gl!" ;.; I was wrong tho and im feeling really bad about it...&& if I do get a 10 gallon tank, what should I do?
Rawriie is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:49 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.