Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-02-2010, 01:22 PM   #1 
luv2run21

My own succesful breeding way

This is my breeding way, it is highly successful, this is partially Thai.
use plastic containers(tupperware). take a drinking glass and put the female into the glass then put the male into the tupper ware container and wait until the male has a bubble nest and he's showing off and the female has vertical stripes and she has white specks(these are eggs). Once both these conditions are met free the female from the glass, there will be some tail nipping and playing tag but theres no way to avoid it. then there will be the embrace and after the first couple of tries the eggs will come out and the male will go and pick them up and stick them into the bubble nest. then once there done the embraces he just waits there until they hatch and they will fall out and the daddy will go and stick them back in until they all hatch and there swimming then you can take the male out and start feeding your fry. I feed them boiled egg yolk wick is very nutritionally rich
luv2run21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 01:38 PM   #2 
luv2run21

any suggestions to make my breeding process better?
Old 10-02-2010, 02:02 PM   #3 
MrVampire181

Something like a tight fitting lid...that's why I like Sterilite, Rubbermaid, and Tupperware because the lids fit tight and keep a humid air space that the fry need.
MrVampire181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 02:39 PM   #4 
luv2run21

oh ya i never thought of that
Old 10-02-2010, 02:50 PM   #5 
1fish2fish

I don't wait until the female starts dropping eggs to release her. I usually only wait 12 hours to release the female. I provide lots of java moss so the female is safe if the male harrasses her.

I prefer to feed a mixture of fry foods and not just one particular food. You cover all your nutritional bases better that way.
1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 03:00 PM   #6 
MrVampire181

I either wait for a nest or just get the two I want to breed and put them in the tank. Dosen't seem to matter much either way.

I prefer infusoria, BBS and Hikari First Bites. These are my prefered foods only for the first month. Then the second month is BBS and crushed up flake food.

Another thing is water. Which IMO is the most important. I clean at least 3 gallons a day on spawning containers and 6 gallons a day on growouts and my fry grow quickly.
MrVampire181 is offline   Reply With Quote