Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-02-2010, 09:16 PM   #1 
eclover09

The Trio Is Now A Quartet!

My first Betta I got a year and a half ago, Valentine. He was quite small when I got him, but now he is quite the well sized little monster. He's very feisty! I call him the guard dog cause anyone who goes in my room he puffs up and acts like he's going to eat them haha.

When I first got him in his tiny little starter tank:

Him now:

A month ago I went on a search for a neon yellow betta fish. I had seen one in California a couple of months ago, but my family and I were moving at the time and I couldn't get it. While going to every petco, petsmart and fish store in my area after we settled in arizona, I stumbled upon this guy and I became quite taken with him and decided to get him. His name is Laborday. He is the only one of the three who is calm and will actually sit still so I can take a picture!

About two weeks after I got Laborday, I was running errands with my friend and we stopped at Walmart, one I was unfamiliar with it wasn't one near my house, and I saw this fish in quite deplorable conditions. His cup was low on water, the water was dirty and he was sitting alone on a empty shelf. It was late at night and I didn't buy him because my mom had said no more pets, but for two days it kept nagging me that I had left him. So I told my mom and we ended up going and buying him, which by then they had stocked the empty shelf and he was stuffed behind all these fish accessories, I'm sure they were just waiting for him to die. They even had him priced as a crowntail when he's obviously not, but still bought him. Now he's happy in the living room in his one gallon tank like the others.

Now every other weekend I go fish hunting at all the petsmarts, walmarts and petco's in my area. I was on the hunt today for a bright yellow or black Betta. After two walmarts, two petsmarts, and three petco's later I found this little one. He is SUPER tiny, gotta be just a baby he is the smallest I have ever seen, I would have thought he was a female if it wasn't for his fins. He wasn't what I was planning on, but I became so smitten with him I had to take him. He's got that pretty iridescence about him, I think he'll be gorgeous when he gets a bit bigger. He's just in a one gallon fishbowl for now, I didn't get him a filtration tank like my others cause I feared the water flow would be too strong for his tiny body. His name is Christmas : )

Yes, I do name my betta fish after holidays lol. I plan to get a color for each holiday, just most of the colors are not common at all (like green for St. Patrickís and yellow for Easter) so it has definitely not been a easy search thus far, but itís fun to go fish hunting with my friends every other weekend : ) I am definitely not stopping at these four!
eclover09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 01:30 AM   #2 
eclover09

Oh whoops, I forgot to say the third's name, his is Veteran lol.
Old 10-03-2010, 08:44 PM   #3 
nochoramet

I like your name theme lol it's very creative! And your bettas are very pretty, I really like Christmas and Laborday!
nochoramet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 08:55 PM   #4 
MrVampire181

Woah, hes definately a juvie. Probably only a few months old.
MrVampire181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 09:28 PM   #5 
eclover09

Thankyou : D And yeah, Christmas is very calm too, even more so then Laborday and Laborday I have thought has always been very calm for a Betta, but even he seems like a spaz compared to Christmas. He just kinda floats around the top of the bowl and when I put my face near the tank he just calmly comes over and stares at me till I walk away and then swims to a new spot. It's hard not to love him, he's very charming for a little fish : )
Old 10-03-2010, 09:35 PM   #6 
Alexanderismylife

Aw they are all super gorgous! I have to say Valentine is my favorite! I just love red bettas! :P I like how you name them! Very unique and cute!
Alexanderismylife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 06:27 AM   #7 
dipsydoodlenoodle

The second one...If you hadn't said where you were from I'd have sworn you got him from one of my LFS; they had 2 identical ones in; one sold a few weeks ago. Spooky :)
dipsydoodlenoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 06:33 PM   #8 
eclover09

Haha, that is spooky : P And thanks alexanderismylife, I actually named Valentine after a character in a book, but when I started looking around for my second I decided it would be fun to get different ones to match the holidays lol.