Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-03-2010, 12:55 AM   #1 
DragonFish

Couple Quick Pics-New PKs

xD So a couple quick pics of my two new Dragon PK boys...my LAST boys for a WHILE. Haha, they have to be....I'm looking into getting a Leopard Gecko ;P

This boy has yet to be named....I'm thinking Iceman, but I'm not sure. Lol, I want SOMETHING X-men related....I'm such a geek ;P

And this is the red Dragon boy, who I've deemed Gambit, or Remy xDD Because it just seemed to fit him <3

Oh! And I noticed Remy has 4 rays...sortta...xD but I don't think hes an HMPK....DelTPK maybe? xDD LOL
DragonFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 10:23 AM   #2 
Jayy

WOW!! They're both very beautiful!!!
Jayy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 11:24 AM   #3 
CodeRed

Gorgeous!! So pretty :33 Love the names, of course.

And good luck with the gecko xD Leos look so sweet. If I could deal with the bugs, I'd get one XD
CodeRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 12:11 PM   #4 
DragonFish

Haha, thanks guys!!
Lol, of course you do CR xD because your a geek like me <3

And thanks!! Yeah, I just hve to keep my room clean and stuff(sooo original ;P)and I'm pay for eveything and I get a Leo! XDD We just got in some RELLY pretty morphs at work, I'm thinking about getting albino <3
Haha, well I handle crickets for customers all the time, so I don't mind so much....its just the big ones that creep me out ;P It's the frozen mice that are the worst for me I've discovered actually...xD I could never have a snake....
Old 10-03-2010, 12:34 PM   #5 
CodeRed

Really? D: The mice are easy, crickets are hard xDDD For me, that is. But seriously, you HAVE to post pics when you get it :D Leos have SUCH sweet looks, personality, eyes, ect. EVERYTHING. So sweet. I want one so bad Dx
Old 10-03-2010, 12:54 PM   #6 
purplemuffin

Quick tip: Don't get your leopard gecko at a petstore if you can help it! They can be 45 dollars for an unhealthy normal! Check if there is a reptile convention in the area, normals can be 5-10 dollars, and even more pretty morphs are there! AND they are bred with care, not scooped from the wild and full of parasites! I have three.. Two of them from petstores, one from a breeder. The difference is ASTOUNDING! My poor petstore geckos have already cost me hundreds from vet visits..Prolapses, impactions, you name it, they came with it! When it comes to reptiles, prevention of disease is cheaper and easier than healing a sick one! When they show signs of illness, it usually is too late or is close to it! Plus, captive bred leos get tame easier! Don't you want to hold your gecko? ;)

And also.. great fish!

Last edited by purplemuffin; 10-03-2010 at 12:57 PM.
purplemuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 01:20 PM   #7 
DragonFish

Yeah, the frozen mice really creep me out >_< I have no idea why....I'd rather catch the live mice, and they bite! Lol, the crickets really don't bother me so much unless they;re the large or jumbos...which I won't have to feed I believe xDD

Umm....well this isn't some big chain petstore like Petsmart or Petco, this is a privately owned local business...and the Leos are $20, not 45...and I even get 30% off for being an employee :/ I've been going in and looking at them a lot lately too, and even got to handle a couple. They're all young and appear quite healthy from what I've read(been doin' research like crazy), even one of the reptile guys commented that these little guys are so much healthier then a Leo he got from Petsmart....
I'm not sure where we get our reptiles, but I know we get a lot of our animals from local breeders and such...I can always ask, though I don't believe I'm going to have heath issues with these guys. Like I said, they seem very healthy.
Old 10-03-2010, 01:51 PM   #8 
CodeRed

I kind of agree, though. At least go to a reptile expo and look around (: Guaranteed you'll find local breeders there, and almost all with be exceptionally healthy. Leos have some AMAZING morphs if you look for them, which you won't find at stores. Expos have TONS, and I mean TONS of varieties with Leos. And Cresties. You'll find them in every color there :S Plus you'll be supporting the breeder directly...
Old 10-03-2010, 01:59 PM   #9 
DragonFish

I've read a lot about not getting reptiles at pet stores, how bad it is...but really, the place I work isn't NEARLY as bad as most petstores of been to.
I likely won't be able to go to a reptile expo anyway. I have no idea when or if there is even one locally, and if there is it'll be in Seattle, which is an hour away..on top of that, I'll likely not have the time to go, and getting my parents to take me period will be a huge chore. Its a big enough deal that they're letting me get a Leo at all, I don't want to push my luck...;P I understand the importance of supporting breeders and all....but, if my place of work has nice, healthy stock in morphs that I'm fond of at an affordable price...I'd like to support them as well.
Old 10-03-2010, 02:55 PM   #10 
DragonFish

Alright, went ahead and looked it up...Seattle Annual Rep-exo is the 16&17....which is probably the worst weekend it could have been on ;P 16th is my brothers birthday, and I might have to work both days anyway....

But really guys, I understand your concern and I see your opinion and the point your trying to make, but if I had even the slightest concern about the health of the Leos at work or felt they weren't being cared for properly, I wouldn't get one from them. ;) I may be a newbie to reptiles, but I know better.