Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-03-2010, 09:03 AM   #1 
Jayy
Member
 
Jayy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Palm bay, FL
Angry Dumb tank dividers!!

Lastnight I bought a tank divider from petsmart. Today I'm trying to divide my 10gal, but it keeps rolling up. How can I stop it from doing that and divide my tank???
Jayy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 09:36 AM   #2 
Jayy
Member
 
Jayy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Palm bay, FL
Anyone???
Jayy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 09:48 AM   #3 
BlueHaven
Member
 
BlueHaven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: John 14:2-4
I got one from petsmart too, is it the one with the light blue/green frames?
Mine rolled up, but after putting the frames on, it doesn't do that and it's alot more stable when you attach it to the aquarium. To measure it I just kept putting the frames back on. A hassle, but it eventualy works.

I did have a problem with my betta getting on the other side, but I pushed the rocks up higher around the bottom and because I cut it a little too small, I had to put sponges on the sides of it to prevent her from sneaking through....but she is very small.
BlueHaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 09:58 AM   #4 
52cherish
New Member
 
52cherish's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Boston, Ma
If your 10 Gal. tank is a standard size the petsmart 10 Gal. tank divider fits w/o any need of adjustment. Put all the blueish green side stabilizers on and place it in the tank. I do not use the metal clips that come with the set. I used masking tape instead to fasten it at the top above the water level just were the lid goes.
52cherish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 09:59 AM   #5 
Jayy
Member
 
Jayy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Palm bay, FL
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueHaven View Post
I got one from petsmart too, is it the one with the light blue/green frames?
Mine rolled up, but after putting the frames on, it doesn't do that and it's alot more stable when you attach it to the aquarium. To measure it I just kept putting the frames back on. A hassle, but it eventualy works.

I did have a problem with my betta getting on the other side, but I pushed the rocks up higher around the bottom and because I cut it a little too small, I had to put sponges on the sides of it to prevent her from sneaking through....but she is very small.
Yes, they're light blue. I'll see what I can do, but everytime I try to put them on it rolls up and they slipoff.

Last edited by Jayy; 10-03-2010 at 10:03 AM.
Jayy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 10:00 AM   #6 
Jayy
Member
 
Jayy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Palm bay, FL
Quote:
Originally Posted by 52cherish View Post
If your 10 Gal. tank is a standard size the petsmart 10 Gal. tank divider fits w/o any need of adjustment. Put all the blueish green side stabilizers on and place it in the tank. I do not use the metal clips that come with the set. I used masking tape instead to fasten it at the top above the water level just were the lid goes.
It's not a petsmart tank. It's some other brand and It a bit old.
Jayy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 10:12 AM   #7 
52cherish
New Member
 
52cherish's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Boston, Ma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayy View Post
It's not a petsmart tank. It's some other brand and It a bit old.
My tanks are not from petsmart either and one is an old hand-me-down... but both have exactly the same dimensions for a standard 10 Gal.
You need to make sure to really get the side stabilizers on all the way. The best is to hold the divider with the curving side down to a table or other flat surface. Trying to put the sides on when it is bending up never gets them all the way on before slipping out again.
Once they are on, put a heavy book or cutting board on the divider, if you are not ready to put it in the tank yet.
52cherish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 10:17 AM   #8 
Jayy
Member
 
Jayy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Palm bay, FL
Ok, thanks!
Jayy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 10:43 AM   #9 
Jayy
Member
 
Jayy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Palm bay, FL
Right now it's laying on the counter with everything on and a dictionary ontop. I'm scaried to move it! lol!!

Last edited by Jayy; 10-03-2010 at 10:52 AM.
Jayy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 10:53 AM   #10 
Drift
Member
 
Drift's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: PA
I don't like the plastic that comes with the dividers. I tossed it out and bought a panel of the craft plastic mesh for 99 cents. It has slightly larger squares holes and feel it allows better water flow. :) Plus I bought black and it is less transparent. XD
Drift is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
About Tank Dividers addiep8908 Betta Fish Care 2 06-28-2010 12:01 AM
Tank dividers xjumperloverx Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories 4 12-11-2009 08:38 AM
Tank dividers fishyinpa Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories 2 12-06-2009 03:50 PM
Tank dividers? InsideTheBurg Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories 6 10-16-2009 12:53 PM
tank dividers? rockstar26 Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories 4 05-07-2009 05:52 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:17 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.