Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-27-2010, 12:57 PM   #21 
PeggyJ

Yes... but I couldnt find any locally.. guess I'll have to order it online if the Pimafix doesnt do the job. One of the local fish stores told me one of his Betta breeders swears by it.
PeggyJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 03:06 AM   #22 
effy

update- I have been collecting fry photos over the last few weeks. I will put them up this evening when I get home for you all. They are so big now! My most recent reliable count is 16 fry. When they sit in front of the filter (which is black) I can see a hint of blue in their anal fins. I am still feeding microworm, but weaning them on to more hiraki first bites in the hope that this will prepare them for moving on to grated frozen foods (mixed) which I will start feeding them at the end of this week. So yea, pictures to follow this evening :) (maybe afternoon for you guys over the sea!)
effy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 09:24 AM   #23 
PeggyJ

Pimafix doesnt work very well.... guess i'll have to try something else.
PeggyJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 12:04 PM   #24 
effy

Bloat!?

One of my fish babies has bloat, I think. He/She has a massive belly that doesnt look like its full of food! Obviously I want to treat him/her but I dont want to risk upseting any of the others...
Should I do an extra large water change and treat the tank incase its something in the water?
should I isolate the ill fish? The only way I can do this is to set him/her up in a non-cycled treated water tank that would would have heater and a filter... help? :)
effy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 03:24 PM   #25 
MrVampire181

Depends. Any fry over 2 1/2 weeks are strong enough for a move. Anyway you can seperate him if you want. Or..usually what I do is get a plastic cup. Cup the fry, and float him in the tank. I avoid feeding him/her for a day or two depending on age.
MrVampire181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 09:40 PM   #26 
brandonwlee

its best to isolate the fish in a much smaller tank as to make changing water easier. make sure to give the fish good food and clean water. as long as the fish is active , the situation will improve.
brandonwlee is offline   Reply With Quote