Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-27-2010, 02:07 AM   #1 
metalbetta

Wink Spider vs. Fish:

I don't know how it got in the house, but it did.

I really have nothing against spiders. I never kill. But if they're in my house, they go outside.

However my surprise was when I compared it's size to (now named) Daquiri out of curiosity:

If they had the same water/land advantage, they would definitely be formidable opponents against each other.

Anyway, I let it out, and almost every single time I tried, it ran like heck back to my door and stopped right in front of me. It IS pretty cold, so I felt bad, but eventually it stayed outside. lol

Thought I'd share my gigantic uninvited guest.
metalbetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 02:32 AM   #2 
DragonFish

Omg -shivers- creeeeeeeeeppy!!!!! D:
I'm arachnophobic....DEAD scared of spiders. If I saw one that big in my house I'd scream bloody murder and head for the hills.....LOL I envy your bravery...xD
DragonFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 06:56 AM   #3 
bloo97

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonFish View Post
I'm arachnophobic....DEAD scared of spiders. If I saw one that big in my house I'd scream bloody murder and head for the hills.....LOL I envy your bravery...xD
I couldn't have said it better myself.

I also hate insects and especially COCKROACHES! ~Shivers~

I also had a cockroach sit on my leg once and I sccreamed like a girl and ran upstairs. xD
bloo97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 09:32 AM   #4 
metalbetta

... I thought it was pretty cool looking lol

It was all hairy, and you could see it's eyes and EVERYTHING. *waits for girly screams*
metalbetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 09:37 AM   #5 
BettaGirl290

Exclamation Watch out for this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonFish View Post
wel you should have seen the spider on my wall, it was big as a small plate. AND IT ATE MEH FISH DEADSUNLIGHT!
BettaGirl290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 09:38 AM   #6 
BettaGirl290

and cr arnt that bad.......... my mom wants to get a trantula or whatever there called.
BettaGirl290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 10:37 AM   #7 
Oldfishlady

Have you found its mate yet?.......you know they usually are in pairs...not to creep you out........

Also-everyday of your life and everyplace you are-there will be a spider within 10 feet of you and you just don't know it...of course this is in places without pesticides....without spiders we would be over run with all kinds of critters....spiders are creepy but they are great for our environment and help us......
I am not a big fan of spiders either but I don't kill them....... I even have a hairy black one that lives on my 75g aquarium and it creeps me out sometimes when I don't see him right away and then "Bam" he is right in front of me...it kinda follow me around while I am working on the tanks and feeding, I see it at the edge like it is taking in water or something....I am sure there are lots more spiders around my tanks that I don't see too and they are safe as long as they don't touch me....laffs........
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 01:19 PM   #8 
nochoramet

Ugh I LOATHE spiders, I'm sorry but if I see one I'm killing it immediately. Or running in the opposite direction. They freak the bejezzus out of me!
nochoramet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 01:44 PM   #9 
DragonFish

LOL, so long as they stay OUTSIDE I won't bother them....and if I don't know they're there, then that's just fine with me...but if i see one in the house, I'm squishing it...or more like calling my dad to come squish it xD

They are an important part of the natural order of things, killing other troublesome bugs and whatnot....but they can do that OUTSIDE ;P And they still creep the heck out of me, regardless.
We have tarantulas at work...they're all in their own little cages, kept in a locked case behind glass, but I avoid that case like the plague!! Once one of the guys brought one into the fish room, and my manager and I freaked and told him to take it away xD It was kinda funny.
DragonFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 02:40 PM   #10 
CodeRed

I'm just... gunna leave this thread now ):
CodeRed is offline   Reply With Quote