Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-04-2010, 05:04 PM   #31 
FuulieQ

I really would make a video about how to care for bettas if I had the right equipment. My tank's not that spectacular right now, either. :P Stupid ugly silk plant in the corner waiting to be replaced.
FuulieQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 06:58 PM   #32 
ForbiddenSecrets

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuulieQ View Post
I really would make a video about how to care for bettas if I had the right equipment. My tank's not that spectacular right now, either. :P Stupid ugly silk plant in the corner waiting to be replaced.
Just use windows move maker, on-line photos of do's and don'ts, and text instead of a voice. A proper video with out complicated media c:
ForbiddenSecrets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 07:48 PM   #33 
Alex09

Those videos with text onstead of an actual voice annoy the hell out of me. Never wach em. What is it with people being terrified of hearing their own voice?

I was on youtube and saw a huge fancy goldfish being ripped apart alive by a school of piranhas over 2 minutes or so D: I mean really? For the price that person paid for the fancy goldfish you could have bough 20 feeders. They would probably have suffered alot less too since their deaths would have been quick and instantaneous as they are way smaller. Actually, i think piranhas will accept dead food too... Im disgusted that I actually watched the whole thing... And the song... I think they tried to make it comical...
Alex09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 07:56 PM   #34 
Rawriie

Revolting. Someone needs to do something about it. Not just talk, but act.
Rawriie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 08:06 PM   #35 
JKfish

Quote:
Those videos with text onstead of an actual voice annoy the hell out of me. Never wach em. What is it with people being terrified of hearing their own voice?

I was on youtube and saw a huge fancy goldfish being ripped apart alive by a school of piranhas over 2 minutes or so D: I mean really? For the price that person paid for the fancy goldfish you could have bough 20 feeders. They would probably have suffered alot less too since their deaths would have been quick and instantaneous as they are way smaller. Actually, i think piranhas will accept dead food too... Im disgusted that I actually watched the whole thing... And the song... I think they tried to make it comical...
you know what the kicker is? Pirannahs are omnivores and mainly eat plants and veggies in the wild. They prefer plants over live food, and if presented with both while well cared for, guess which one they'd more than likely choose? the plants :P

Flushing fish, even dead fish, is horrible to me. People are so sick to do what they do, and few people do anything about it! It's incredible how cruel some morons are.

I agree with the video idea. Wouldn't it be awesome if people volunteered to make a series of sorts on the proper care of fish and such, and adressed issues, with one person making one video each? I mean there are so many well informed people here that could do just that and make so many videos, and it wouldn't be that much of a drain on their time too.

Rawrie: Great point. :)
JKfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 08:06 PM   #36 
Alex09

OH MY GOODNESS> ANOTHER PIRANHA VID! This time it was a live mouse! :'( isnt there a way to report vids on youtube?
Old 10-07-2010, 08:36 PM   #37 
TigerLily

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKfish View Post
I agree with the video idea. Wouldn't it be awesome if people volunteered to make a series of sorts on the proper care of fish and such, and adressed issues, with one person making one video each? I mean there are so many well informed people here that could do just that and make so many videos, and it wouldn't be that much of a drain on their time too.

Rawrie: Great point. :)
It sounds like a great idea to me and I think it could be a good forum project. Maybe we could start a thread for it.
We would need a list of video topics to cover, then we could divide them up among members who are willing to do videos.
TigerLily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 08:53 PM   #38 
Alex09

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily View Post
It sounds like a great idea to me and I think it could be a good forum project. Maybe we could start a thread for it.
We would need a list of video topics to cover, then we could divide them up among members who are willing to do videos.
EXCELLENT IDEA. I would gladly make a vid. We could post links to them in the betta care threads too (people seem to be less confused with vids than with words)
Old 10-07-2010, 09:03 PM   #39 
MrVampire181

I'll ask the admin about a bettafish youtube channel. A group of people could work on each major section of the forum: Care, Breeding, Disease. We could make several "sticky" vids and our own vids.
MrVampire181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 10:28 PM   #40 
JKfish

True.

i think I'm going to start a quick thread to get people's names down who are interesting in pitching in, and also some possible topics to assign to different people.
JKfish is offline   Reply With Quote