Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-03-2010, 08:51 PM   #1 
Reight

Advice on tank, new to bettas :)

Hello, I am new to the betta scene and would like to get advice on finding a tank! I am looking to get 5g max filtered tank. I plan on only having one betta in the tank and no other fish, unless it's better to have another non-betta in there (for socializing? haha). I know I must baffle the filter but I am unsure about heating. I currently live in South Florida where my apartment floats around 78-82 degrees. So far the only tank I have found that I am interested in is the hawkeye 5g that wal-mart has. Any other suggestions? Thank you!
Reight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 07:03 PM   #2 
Lion Mom

IMO, you can't go wrong with the Hawkeye 5 gal. I have two of them & LOVE them!!! I don't believe you will find a better tank/kit for the money. :)

Again, just my opinion, but I think you should also get a 25 watt adjustable submersible heater so the heat doesn't fluctuate.
Lion Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 07:07 PM   #3 
karlhague

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lion Mom View Post
IMO, you can't go wrong with the Hawkeye 5 gal. I have two of them & LOVE them!!! I don't believe you will find a better tank/kit for the money. :)

Again, just my opinion, but I think you should also get a 25 watt adjustable submersible heater so the heat doesn't fluctuate.

It's a pity they dont do these tanks over here in the U.K.. I'd have one in if they did
karlhague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 07:38 PM   #4 
Lion Mom

Sheesh - didn't even notice you are in the U.K. Sorry! Hopefully, you will be able to find something comparable where you live. :)
Lion Mom is offline   Reply With Quote