Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-04-2010, 03:48 PM   #1 
cballas

Top Fin Divider...what gives?

This thing is just not working with me! It came curled up & so it's all warped to one side,
and keeps wanting to flip over. What am I doing wrong?? It doesn't look stable at all,
I can't take it back though because I trimmed it.
cballas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 03:58 PM   #2 
dragonfair

Yeah, I had one of those. Lost of people here have had success, but it never did work for me. I threw it away and made my own.
dragonfair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 04:15 PM   #3 
cballas

Do you have to take all the water & gravel out before putting it in? I just can't seem to get it to not have a "bend" to it. Argh.
cballas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 07:12 PM   #4 
Lion Mom

You might try rolling it the reverse way for a while & see if that helps straighten it out some.
Lion Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 08:02 PM   #5 
nomoretickets

I got mine into my tank. I placed it in the tank with the side and bottom plastic pieces on it to hold it in place, and pinned each side of the top, then poured my rocks in. it still made an L shape on the bottom, which helps cause it kinda anchors it under the rocks. it still is a bit warped though, almost like it is too wide for the tank. i wouldnt expect to be able to get it perfectly straight in there, just kind of make it work
nomoretickets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 11:23 AM   #6 
dragonfair

I got lucky because I had cleaned out the tank to sell it (and ended up keeping it cuz I couldn't resist another beautiful betta). So I was able to easily trim my canvas and keep fitting it until I got it to fit real tight with no bends in it. Then I put it in and arranged everything for maximum support before I put the water in. That did help a lot.
dragonfair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 02:16 PM   #7 
Jayy

I had the problem and made a thread about (Sunday) I was told to lay flat on a counter of table and place a heavy book or something on top and then slide the the ends on. My thread is here somewhere.
Jayy is offline   Reply With Quote