Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-04-2010, 05:36 PM   #1 
RKbusy

New Girls, update, and 1st "rescue"

First thing's first... ^_^ I will be getting a 10 gallon by the end of the week, meaning my girls will be able to have the 20 gallon all to themselves soon!

As such... I kinda went on a binge, and bought up the 2 girls I had had my eye on for a while (one great thing about females... no one seems to buy them!)

Girl #1 (Needs a name!)
She'll be remaining in quarantine until I get my 10 gallon set up, and the males moved out!

Girl #2 (Also needs a name!)
She's in a 2 gallon all to herself, with plants, driftwood, filter, heater, the works! LOL. I'm not sure what TYPE of female she is... but she's got an eggspot, so I KNOW she IS female...

But why does she look so different from my other girls? Can she go in the sorority eventually with the others?

Either way, she is GORGEOUS! <3

Update on Amour:

So I thought he was gorgeous before?! Well lookit him NOW! I was like... wth happened? Hahah.

BEFORE

NOW:

COLOUR overload! But gosh, he's stunning looking!

And finally, I think I may have mentioned this in previous posts, but I teach piano for a family, and I had noticed from the get-go that they had a betta in one of those horrible vases with blue marbles and NOTHING else. They didn't use water conditioner, obviously no heater, and the water (whenever I go by), is always murky-yellow. I TRIED to educate them gentally with no results. They had a blue betta before... which died. They replaced him right away with a red one. This poor fella hung around for nearly TWO months, and last week, when I went over for their weekly lesson, I noticed that their newest betta REALLY was not looking good. They were pretty sure he was going to die soon.

Knowing I was over-stepping my role as "piano teacher" a little, I asked if they would mind if I took him home, since he would probably die here anyway.

THEY LET ME!!!

The poor poor poor boy. I really didn't think he'd make the trip home, but it's been nearly 3 days, and he's still hanging on.

Day ONE when I first got him home. *sobs* Poor poor boy!

Day TWO in a heated, daily cleaned and MILDLY salted tank

He LOOKS slightly better to ME >.<

This is my first time trying to bring a betta back to health, so any advice would be greatly appreciated. I know that aquarium salt can help with fin re-growth, but should I be using anything else? I have bettafix, but I haven't used it. I can also get melafix, and probably anything else that is easily found at a commercial petstore.

Thanks in advance...!
RKbusy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 06:18 PM   #2 
animallover4lyfe

Bettafix, melafix. It's all garbage in my opinion. Doesn't do much for my Bettas. Aquarium salt and daily water changes is the way to go :)
animallover4lyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 06:26 PM   #3 
JKfish

wow, your first girl has humongous fins! And your second one is probably a veiltail. ^_^ They are all beautiful, and I personally think I see some improvement in color for your new "rescue" :)
JKfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 07:17 PM   #4 
ForbiddenSecrets

Keep us updated on the rescue and I think he looks more lively in the second photo c: I'm sure he's happy to be free from there.
ForbiddenSecrets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 08:19 PM   #5 
Fermin

Awwww your little rescue is such a cutie. I hope he heals up nicely!
Fermin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 10:41 PM   #6 
metalbetta

Such a skinny boy. He DOES look better. Great job so far, can't wait to see how he improves!
metalbetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 11:50 PM   #7 
RKbusy

1st 'Rescue' - Day 3 Update

Did a 100% water change today. Hope the little fella is going to adjust well >.<

All I can say is... he's a LOT more active today than the first 2 days. ^_^ I take that's a good thing?

PICTURE!

He looks SLIGHTLY more red to me!
Attached Images

RKbusy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 01:13 AM   #8 
metalbetta

He looks a LOT more red today! looking so much better now! If only he'd unclamp those fins lol
metalbetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 04:54 AM   #9 
Romad
TFK Moderator

He looks so much betta already. Thanks for giving him a chance at a good life.
Romad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 12:00 PM   #10 
DragonFish

O: Thats one LOOOOOOOONG finned girly!! xD And gorgeous coloring she has to!!
And AWESOME job n that rescue!! I bet he'll be amazing in a couple weeks ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by animallover4lyfe View Post
Bettafix, melafix. It's all garbage in my opinion. Doesn't do much for my Bettas. Aquarium salt and daily water changes is the way to go :)
+1 BTW ;P
DragonFish is offline   Reply With Quote