Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-05-2010, 01:52 PM   #11 
Jayy

The girls and your CT are gorgeous!!! Your an awesome person for saving the betta. He looks much better already.
Jayy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 11:06 PM   #12 
RKbusy

I'm LOVING my new girl too! She's GORGEOUS! AND.... she started eating for me on day 2 ^_^ It just puts my "new betta anxieties" to rest! I hate it when they won't eat... >.<

Now the other girl... it's been 4 days... and she's only managed to keep 1 pellet down >.< Oh well. I just have to be patient I guess!

Day 4 pics of the rescued boy! ^_^ Still no name suggestions?

And... okay... even the paranoid ME can see that he's a real proper RED now!

Yay! I'm kinda worried though... he just kinda floats near the surface, taking breaths every few seconds... >.< Is that normal? My other betta don't take breaths that often! Sorry, just looking for signs of additional illness here >.<

Oh. And I'm pretty positive he has ICK too >.< But I guess the salt and heat will help get rid of that too.
RKbusy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 08:56 AM   #13 
crownie

Hmm... Girl number one looks like a Celia to me! Her fins are gorgeous! I'm not sure about a name for the second girl but I love her coloring! She looks like she has smeared lipstick on lol And congrats on your rescue! He is brightening up so well everyday it looks like :) Sorry I'm not sure about the breathing thing, but keep up the good work ^-^
crownie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 12:31 PM   #14 
RKbusy

I haven't posted anything in the last couple of days... cause I've been kinda depressed. The poor little red rescue boy died on day 5.

I donno why. WAHHHHHH. I hadn't changed anything... did the same water change everyday. Used aquarium salt. Heat. *sigh*

He just kept swelling and swelling and swelling up like a balloon. And he started floating sideways too. So I didn't feed him that day (I only fed him 1 pellet, max 2 a day anyway), cause I thought he was constipated. Next morning. Bam. He was dead.

*sigh*

Well. I guess I failed.
RKbusy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 12:52 PM   #15 
FuulieQ

Don't worry about it. Sometimes they're too far gone by the time you get them. He probably had organ failure when you brought him home. :c
FuulieQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 04:40 PM   #16 
crownie

I'm soooooo sorry he died, but at least he died in a good home instead of a cup. Hopefully this does't keep you from trying to rescue again. And you didn't fail! He already was sick before you got him home and it sounds like he had dropsie. One of my first bettas had it right after I got him home. It's essentially kidney failure. The water isn't filtered out of the body and so it gets retained in the tissues. It gives a pineconed look. There really is nothing you can do for dropsie. You made him comfortable and that's what's important ^-^
crownie is offline   Reply With Quote