Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-04-2010, 08:23 PM   #1 
BettaMan

My New Betta Fish :-D

Hey guys! So I just brought home my first Betta fish! His name is Fusion. I made a video about him and I also asked a couple of questions as well. What do you think?

Fusion!

Thanks
BettaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 08:34 PM   #2 
Capricorn

Pretty boy. (: Multicolor crowntail.

The mark looks just like coloring to me. I haven't tried the type of food you have, I use New Life Spectrum, which is a pellet variety.

Tank size looks great.. you're going to need to pick up a heater for him to keep the water at 78-80* this winter, since bettas are tropical fish. Also, check the plants and decoration for sharp edges, plastic plants are notorious for catching and tearing a betta's fins.. if you can at some point, upgrade him to silk (or even live if you can manage it).

Otherwise looks pretty good, welcome to the forums. (:
Capricorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 08:38 PM   #3 
Ajones108

That cave will be fine. :) I have the same one, Shif loves it and has never been injured by it.
Ajones108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 08:43 PM   #4 
BettaMan

Thanks! I actually have a thermometer sitting on the side of the tank that I forgot to show in the video. But it's right around the 80 degree area without a heater. Probably has to do with the fact that I live in Florida.

I'm still not sure what to do about the food. More suggestions would be great.
Old 10-04-2010, 08:45 PM   #5 
Capricorn

Well, I think flakes are okay for now, but a high quality pellet is much better in the long run.. you can also buy frozen blood worms and brine shrimp to feed once or twice a week as a treat/supplement. Try to stay away from anything freeze dried. (:
Capricorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 08:49 PM   #6 
Ajones108

BettaMan - You're going to need a heater. Assuming you don't have central AC, your house is staying about 80 degrees to keep the tank that warm.

It was 66 degrees outside this morning in Tampa. You're going to need a heater for your tank regardless of whether you live in Florida or not.
Ajones108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 09:15 PM   #7 
BettaMan

One more thing. How much should I feed Fusion?
Old 10-04-2010, 09:39 PM   #8 
Romad
TFK Moderator

My bettas love the Hikari Bio-Gold pellets. I like them because they seem a little smaller than the other ones. I still soak them for about 10 mins. in a little tank water before feeding so they're not so dry.

Two pellets in the morning and two pellets at night should be just fine. Congratulations on your new buddy.
Romad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 07:02 PM   #9 
BettaMan

Thanks everyone! After one day Fusion is already making his bubble nest! He seems to like his new home a lot.