Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-06-2010, 05:30 PM   #11 
Posaune

Let us know how it goes :)
Posaune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 06:01 PM   #12 
Fawnleaf

Thanks guys!! I just don't want her to think I planned it, like I think she's stupid or something. :) Maybe I could put some pics of my fishies in my binder so she could see them :)
Fawnleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 06:18 PM   #13 
bloo97

Let us know how it goes!!!! :D
bloo97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 07:11 PM   #14 
ashleyy

honestly i would just print out a betta care sheet and give it to her. just be polite about it. and offer to take him if she can't provide the necessary things for him.
ashleyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 07:47 PM   #15 
Fawnleaf

The problem is... I can't take him! I have no room, I just spend $40 on my sister's fish because she wouldn't do it herself! URGH!!! So, I'm broke right now. And I still don't have ANY live plants in the tank. I want to hurt someone! lol (not really)
Old 10-06-2010, 08:02 PM   #16 
purplemuffin

Get her excited about decorating the tank! Figure out things she likes, stuff like that. Show her how cool the tank could be decorated! For instance..I had a history teacher who had a betta in a tank..He had bought fun decorations that looked like ruins because he just loved that 'look'! And my english teacher had a betta 'jungle'(every year the class would read the Lord of the Flies and she named the betta after one of the characters..lol)

I think the whole get her pumped about it looking cool would be great! And while talking about how a bigger tank could mean more cool stuff, you could explain how it makes it easier to care for them--the pros of live plants, the pros of a bigger tank, and how the fish swims a lot more when he's warm and can even be more colorful! (looking prettier)

Treat it more like..you're just rambling and excited and spilling out knowledge you researched instead of 'grrr you're doing this wrong' lol! :) It's something you research a lot for the sake of your own, and if she asks questions, answer them honestly! In my experience, though people may say 'but they're just fish', they are still shocked when they learn how wrong their misconceptions are--like how many people still believe goldfish are a very shortlived pet, that will maybe make it to a year if you're lucky, but usually a week to a month :O!! When you tell them that goldies can live 15+ years.. That usually gets quite a shocked reaction! :) It seems when people can actually see a difference in a healthy active fish/unhealthy sluggish fish, they seem a little less prone to say a five gallon tank is 'overboard'! Most people have only EVER seen a betta in a vase/bowl :o

Honestly, I've still never seen a betta in anything bigger than a vase in person. I still don't have one, and since I am away at college, I haven't seen my boyfriend's yet. I'm very excited :)
purplemuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 02:25 PM   #17 
dew

When are you getting your betta purple muffin? I havent got mine ethier. It will be this tuesday!
dew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 05:39 PM   #18 
Fawnleaf

Whats a purple muffin?? lol I like the idea about getting her excited about it... I'll do it Fri. (tommorow)
Old 10-07-2010, 08:06 PM   #19 
zelilaa

When she said Purple Muffin, she was reffering to the member Purple Muffin. The one with the frog/toad profile pic
zelilaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 04:28 PM   #20 
Fawnleaf

oh! haha!!!