Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-06-2010, 11:59 PM   #11 
JorgeBurrito

Quote:
Originally Posted by evanlovesbettas View Post
i am sorry, but i didn't ask you to criticize my tanks. i asked you for help on where i should put my betta fish...
the angel fish are maybe 2 inches in height and the rainbow shark is no bigger than 1 1/2 inches
In this case the criticism goes to the root of the problem. The fish you have are unsuitable for the tank you have. Trying to add additional fish to these tanks will only increase stress levels for fish that are already extremely stressed due to unsuitable habitats and make things that much worse.

Ignoring this for a moment, angels and sharks are unsuitable tank mates for bettas, aggression on either side will come out. Danios and small groups of tetras tend to have issues with fin nipping, making them unsuitable for the addition of bettas, although you might get away with adding a single female to this tank.
JorgeBurrito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 12:29 AM   #12 
evanlovesbettas

thankyou for answering my question everybody!
and the bowls get as cold at 69 degrees. it's not that bad but still pretty chilly.
evanlovesbettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 11:14 AM   #13 
SmokeNLark

Quote:
Originally Posted by evanlovesbettas View Post
i am sorry, but i didn't ask you to criticize my tanks. i asked you for help on where i should put my betta fish...
the angel fish are maybe 2 inches in height and the rainbow shark is no bigger than 1 1/2 inches
You asked where to put your 2 males. You also said you cannot but any more supplies. No one would suggest adding them to either of your 10 gallons since they already house incompatible fish. Even if you didn't have the angel fish and the shark, there is a problem with the female bettas. You can't put a male and female in the same tank, divided or not. And only having 2 females in a tank would not end well. I think 5 is the lowest number of females you can keep together.

Everyone is just looking out for the well-being of your fish. The angel fish and the shark might be ok now, but the will grow too big for a 10 gallon. And given what you said, there is nowhere to move your male bettas without buying more equipment. Not to mention, your tank with the angel fish is already overstocked, so you couldn't add any more fish. And adding the males to your other tank would overstock that one as well.

No one is being mean, you just asked a question without an answer (given the parameters) and people are trying to help you fix it.
SmokeNLark is offline   Reply With Quote