betta fish

Old 10-06-2010, 12:20 PM   #11 
binumee

Hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by percygrover View Post
I'm new here
So HI
but anyway I just got a male Delta Fin Betta fish named Triton and I want another fish as well. What is the best fish to keep with a Betta
U can have one Betta fish in a tank - if u want u can have another betta fish next to ur Triton. Don't ever put any fish with ur Triton - becoz any fish it will attack and the one u put with Triton will either jump off from ur tank - if it is closed tank then it will attack and kill another fish.
binumee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 12:58 PM   #12 
crownie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKfish View Post
Crownie: even though your water params are perfect, think of your fish. If you were locked in a small classroom with 3 hyperactive toddlers, you'd probably snap at them to get away after a while, and maybe get stressed. Same thing with your betta. He probably doesn't have enough space to get away from the activity of the tetras, and they from him.
I understand completely what you are saying, but I really haven't had any problems. He isn't stressed, the tetras stay in their area and my betta his. He swims constantly and gets excited when I come over. He really seems fine and has for the past 6 months. If I thought he wasn't happy or was constantly stressed, I'd give the tetras the boot because I love my betta. I think he just has a very calm personality when it comes to other fish. Thank you for your concern though :)

Last edited by crownie; 10-06-2010 at 01:08 PM.
crownie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 01:02 PM   #13 
Alex09

Quote:
Originally Posted by binumee View Post
U can have one Betta fish in a tank - if u want u can have another betta fish next to ur Triton. Don't ever put any fish with ur Triton - becoz any fish it will attack and the one u put with Triton will either jump off from ur tank - if it is closed tank then it will attack and kill another fish.
um...no. What are you saying? Bettas CAN have tankmates. They are only agressive killing machines when it comes to their own species. Well it does depend on the personality of the betta in question but they generally leave other fish alone.

And to the OP: 5 gallons isnt enough for more fish other than your betta. You can try snails and shrimp. I hear shrimp are fun :P
Alex09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 01:35 PM   #14 
Bettacaleb

Platys are supposed to get along with bettas just saying what i heard (not from petstore from this site)
Bettacaleb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 02:25 PM   #15 
1fish2fish

white clouds are cold water fish.. so no on them.

you can have inverts in a smaller tank with a betta but you must cycle the tank first (especially for shrimp).
1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote