Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-06-2010, 07:15 PM   #1 
bloo97

About Your Fish

So, i thought i'd talk about my fish here! Feel free to talk about your fish!

Lucky~ Lucky is my first, favorite, and largest betta. He is a very kind fish, and almost fully habituated. He is in a 5 gallon, and loves to hide in his rocks.

Dragon~ Dragon is a sweet, fun, little crowntail. Dispite his powerful sounding name, he is quite the scaredy cat betta fish. If you hold your finger up, he backs up. xD But he is a food hog, and loves to eat!
bloo97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 08:01 PM   #2 
MrVampire181

BillyBobJoe: My HMPK male. Got him from Aquabid seller the_K. He's super gentle and hasn't shreded his sister both times I spawned them. He's not to big on showing off and he tends to stay in the plants and builds a new nest everyday. I LOVE him.

Flara: The sister to BillyBobJoe. She's a bit fiesty but spawned super fast both times. She's not as picky with food like her brother. I love her. She's such an interesting little girl!

Namu Jr: My blue DT male from PetCo. I'm spawning him to Flara in November. He's got such long beautiful fins. He builds great nests and swims around a lot.

Olympus: My red VT male. A little aggressive but he was a great father when he was younger but he ate his last spawn. I love him too and he's swimming aorund and building nests in his jar :)
MrVampire181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 08:23 PM   #3 
ashleyy

Nadador: I got him from WalMart, knowing nothing about betta fish. Came here and learned soooo much. He does the cutest dance for food and opens his mouth like he's saying, "Hey! Hey!" until I give him food. lol He came from dirty water so his fins are growing back and he is looking so good now.
I even pick through nasty water outside to get him live mosquito larvae. He loves it and goes even more crazy for food time now. So now I'm adding tank water to the outside bucket to inhibit mosquito larvae-laying. O_O something I would NEVER EVER do before I got him. :]

He's the best! <3
ashleyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 08:30 PM   #4 
peaches3221

Logan- got him from walmart, he's a Cambodian crown tail, he's my big guy! he is very aggressive and flares A LOT! new guy- cellophane crown tail from petsmart, he's a cute little guy, more laid back than logan but they both hate mirrors!
peaches3221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 02:10 PM   #5 
shell85

All my boys are veil tails I think Cream has the longest tail.

Neptune is my oldest I believe. I got him first from petsmart and he's getting big and makes the other 2 look little. He is social and he started to bond with me about 3 days after I got him.

I got Cream from Walmart, he's a skinny little thing he's a bit more cautious than Neptune although lately he seems to be getting more excited when it comes to meal time and will jump before my hand is even near the water for him to grab.

Teal is my newest addition I got him from the same Walmart as Cream. I am fascinated with his color he's so pretty to me. He also has a different look than both Cream and Neptune facially, I think his eyes are smaller and has a bit of a wider head. I haven't picked up on too much of his behaviorism yet but he seems smart he identified my fingers as a food source before I ever fed him and follows it around the tank.
shell85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 02:39 PM   #6 
Alex09

Gabriel: Got him from petco. He's a dark blue butterfly HM. HE has recently started tail biting and despite my attempts to stop him from doing so he continues relentlessly. I love him but am severely tempted to replace his place in the 10 gallon with a PK I saw at petco... Still cant make up my mind.
Alex09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 05:37 PM   #7 
bloo97

Nice!
bloo97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 12:41 PM   #8 
dragonfair

Maximus: He caught my eye at Fish Gallery in Dallas, TX, when I was there to get Bravo. He was emperor (hence the name) of a giant open tank displaying plants for sale. He was flaring up a storm at every human who walked by, zipping here and there to make sure no one messed with his stuff. I kinda feel guilty for bringing him home and keeping him in his own 10 gallon tank... like it's too small for his little kingdom. I keep wavering back and forth about whether to divide his tank and get another male to keep him from getting bored. But then I wonder if reducing him to 5 gallons from so large would make him unhappy. Sigh... maybe I'll post that as a question in the compatability topic.
dragonfair is offline   Reply With Quote