Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-06-2010, 08:19 PM   #1 
JKfish

Smile So, What Are Your Plans?

I'm sure almost everyone here is aiming for some thing or another, be it a bigger tank, to set up a sorority, to find awesome males, etc. If you want, post your plans here :D

Personally, I only have a half plan at the moment. That would be to get money to set up my second tank as a well planted and cycled one, then either get really nice males from aquabid or start a sorority of rescue females. (yes, they'll be legit rescues gotten at either a discount or for free from LFS because they are so sick).
JKfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 09:43 PM   #2 
SmokeNLark

I have way too many plans. My first is to get another male for the other half of my divided tank. I'm aiming for a petco HM. I also want an aquabid HM male, for which I really want to get that 5 gallon hawkeye for and plant it. I'd love to set up a sorority. I also need to add a few more fish and a couple shrimp to my 10 gallon community with a betta. And I have eventual plans for a really big tank. Like 55 gallons and up.

But unfortunately, only getting another male for my divided tank and finishing my 10 gallon are options right now. I'm in college and in a temporary apartment and already have a 10 gallon, a 5 gallon, a 3 gallon and a 2 gallon tank.
SmokeNLark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 09:47 PM   #3 
MrVampire181

To create a blue dragon marble/cambodian/butterfly HMPK line :)

And soon a cellophane HM line.
MrVampire181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 09:58 PM   #4 
1fish2fish

To find another male or two.. I'm just too picky.

To set up and cycle my other divided tank (probably doing this tomorrow).

To set up a new tank. I was going to set up my 12 gallon but I've heard the light isn't good enough for what I want. I'm thinking a standard 10 gallon instead.

To raise some awesome fry!

Find another foster betta to rehab and adopt out.
1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 01:12 AM   #5 
metalbetta

I've acted on all of my plans so far. Sorority's all set up, the girls are getting along, and all 4 of my boys are healthy and happy.
At most I may end up upgrading my males' tanks this winter...(new plants, decor and whatnot)

I'm pretty sure I'm set with the amount of bettas I have now... but if on the offchance I come by a betta in need, I may take a rescue in at least temporarily since I have a few spare tanks now.
metalbetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 02:46 AM   #6 
TigerLily

I don't really have any plans for the immediate future. Down the road, after I know more about it, I'd love to try and do a heavily planted tank.

I'd also really like to help set up a nice three or five gallon tank for my mom. She's always loved bettas, and I know she'd get a kick out of spoiling some lucky fish.
TigerLily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 06:50 AM   #7 
ashleyy

I think I want to get the King betta that has been at my local Petco for weeks now.

If not, I'd like a 10 gal, accomplish a cycle and start a sorority after much research.
ashleyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 07:48 AM   #8 
CodeRed

Set up all of mine in divided 10 gallons, with maybe a 20 gallon sorority. (: No more males. I'm done.
CodeRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 07:52 AM   #9 
BlueHaven

Talking someone into upgrading their goldfish's aquarium (no worries, there are no bowls here, but needs more space as it's growing),
succesfully trying to finish cycling in betta's homes with Prime & waterchanges, and cycling a new tank for ghost shrimp....which is now a home for snails too. haha
Oh, and adding a few more decorations to the aquariums.
:)
BlueHaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 01:35 PM   #10 
metalbetta

lol @CR you say that now.... ;)
metalbetta is offline   Reply With Quote