Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-10-2010, 05:27 PM   #21 
Colibri

I think you're right, it most have been due to the cold water. I've been to that store MANY times, the owner is a friend of mine and he knows a lot about fish, he's veterinarian. But, the place is pretty cold, and these little two were beside his computer (it's the warmest place there, :S) so I'm sure the weather really affected them. But, I finally have peace of mind because I saw Delta eat FINALLY!! I'm so happy about that!! He ate 3 brine shrimps, but it cost him a little effort. He doesn't want to chase them and I noticed that turning around is complicated for him. :( I hope that now that he is getting his appetite back he'll be OK soon.
Colibri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 05:38 PM   #22 
DragonFish

Bettas are hardy fish...but if kept in poor conditions long enough and they can be severely effected. Its a good thing you brought him home!
That's great!! Sounds likes his on his way to recovery :) Just keep at it, and soon he'll be all better.
DragonFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 12:56 PM   #23 
Colibri

Hello everyone!

Just a little update on my little one. He's getting really better! He has a very big appetite, I'm giving him brine shrimps two times a day, he loves them. Still, I noticed something in his anal fin. When I brought him home hi had this tiny little red dot on the edge of his fin. But, today I saw that some more of this tiny dots appeared. What could it be? Did he hurt himself? It's really bright red, so, I don't know if it could be fin rot. Here are some pictures.

In his hospital bowl.

Detail of those red dots.
Old 10-12-2010, 01:41 PM   #24 
DragonFish

Aww, what a cutie!! What color is he? Its a bit hard to tell xD

Yup, that's finrot though...again, something clean, warm water and salt should be able to knock out. If after a while of the salt treatment(oh, I'd say a week or so...)it appears to be getting progressively worse, then you might want to look into medication...but for now just concentrate on keeping his hospital bowl warm, clean, and salted ;)
How big is that bowl though? O.o It looks less then a gallon to me...
Also might want to put something on top of that bowl...bettas tend to like to jump ;)
DragonFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 02:30 PM   #25 
Colibri

Ooh! Thanks! I also think he's a gorgeous little man! He's still young, about 4 months... I can't wait to see his beautiful caudal when he's older! I really don't know what color he is! He's like a metallic white... something silver... with gold on many of his fins. I'm afraid the picture doesn't show it very well. I'll try to make some more pictures! And yeah... I know the bowl is small... maybe even too small for a hospital, hehe. But, that's the one I had home. Don't panic, he'll be soon living in his 2.5 filtered, heated tank! He was there when I brought him home... but, I decided it was better for him to be in a smaller maybe more comfortable place till he recovers. I'm doing daily water changes and the bowl is at a constant 27 C. Here's a picture of his future wife (in December I'm planing to breed this two, wii).

Old 10-13-2010, 10:56 PM   #26 
dramaqueen
Banned

He's gorgeous!! He looks gold colored in the pics.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 11:22 PM   #27 
Colibri

Thank you dramaqueen! We're both really happy you find him good looking! It makes him feel really good!