Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Compatibility
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-08-2010, 06:10 PM   #1 
FuulieQ

Question Housing issue! D:

Alright, so I might be getting another betta on Sunday. I currently have two five gallon tanks. One has Freedy in it, the other has four african dwarf frogs. I'm hoping to re-home one of them, so that will take it down to three.

How can I arrange two bettas and four frogs in two five gallon tanks? Is it possible?

I do have a backup 1-2 gallon tank in case this isn't gonna fly. :P I have an extra 2.5, but it's kinda crusty and ugly. And very bulky.
FuulieQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 06:14 PM   #2 
JKfish

I don't think 4 frogs and two bettas would split very well among two five gallons unless you put two frogs and one fish in each tank, which would be very overstocked. Hmm, you might want to break out that 2.5 gallon and clean it up for the new arrival if you have room
JKfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 06:16 PM   #3 
FuulieQ

:E Argh, that thing's so ugly. I never should have bought it... should have gone with a regular glass 2.5gal.

I had a feeling it wasn't going to pan out. I'll just use one of my spare tanks for the new boy, then.
Old 10-08-2010, 06:22 PM   #4 
JKfish

that's probably a good idea.

So, do you know what betta you'll be getting?
JKfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 11:42 PM   #5 
Alex09

Why get another fish? I REALLY wanted to as well just recently but decided against it. Anyways, I guess you could leave all the frogs in one tank and divide the second tank for the bettas...
Alex09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 12:50 AM   #6 
FuulieQ

Well, never mind. As soon as my guardians found out that I was planning on replacing Monsterface, it was as if I was running a secret breeding operation. I had to sit for an hour and listen to why it's such a horrible idea for me to bring in another tank. Looks like I'm getting a plant instead.

Woohoo.

I was GOING to be getting a cute little blue, orange and brown veiltail with striping on his dorsal. :l

I don't know, I wasn't planning on having two bettas, but Monsterface just ripped a hole through me as soon as I saw him. He was so unique. It really made me want to help him, and when he died before I got there... I don't know.