Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-10-2010, 02:42 PM   #1 
shemetz

Talking oops! *blushes*

ok. so i bet a bunch of you know the feeling of pleading with your parents for something fish related. so for a while mine has been a 10 gallon divided tank and to new betas. the answer was no even after all the begging and the pleading and the puppy dog eyes. so i went to petco to get some fish supply's for Fishee, and i just HAD to look at the betas and i saw him.
the he that i am applying is a grayish gold male beta (i do not yet know what tail type yet) and i just had to get him and so i "forgot" that the answer was no to anymore betas so i got him, and i splurged and got him his own 10 gallon tank with plants ,a pot , and black an white gravel. so i "accidentally" lost the receipt on the way out of the store and the tangs just disappeared. i wonder where they went? lol.anyway my parents were not that happy. but when i showed them my little baby the gave in so now i have my to be named beta. suggestions are welcome. pics soon.
shemetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 02:46 PM   #2 
JKfish

lol, congratz on your new fish. Though, if I did that, my parents would be so angry and I'd get in so much trouble XD. Pics?
JKfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 02:47 PM   #3 
shemetz

ya i guess just stole there hearts
Old 10-10-2010, 03:17 PM   #4 
peaches3221

Hahaha! Something similar happened to me! After Riley died, my mom said "no more bettas until your birthday!" Then I went to petsmart with my dad "just to look" at the bettas, and then I saw a BEAUTIFUL cellophane crowntail, and when he looked at me with his BIG, DARK eyes. After a few minutes of begging, my dad caved. My mom was not happy, but at least I didn't have to return him!
peaches3221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 03:23 PM   #5 
shemetz

ha
ya i know
now i just have to get one more fore the other side and not get killed.lol
Old 10-11-2010, 10:57 PM   #6 
dramaqueen
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by shemetz View Post
ok. so i bet a bunch of you know the feeling of pleading with your parents for something fish related. so for a while mine has been a 10 gallon divided tank and to new betas. the answer was no even after all the begging and the pleading and the puppy dog eyes. so i went to petco to get some fish supply's for Fishee, and i just HAD to look at the betas and i saw him.
the he that i am applying is a grayish gold male beta (i do not yet know what tail type yet) and i just had to get him and so i "forgot" that the answer was no to anymore betas so i got him, and i splurged and got him his own 10 gallon tank with plants ,a pot , and black an white gravel. so i "accidentally" lost the receipt on the way out of the store and the tangs just disappeared. i wonder where they went? lol.anyway my parents were not that happy. but when i showed them my little baby the gave in so now i have my to be named beta. suggestions are welcome. pics soon.
Shame on you for lying to your parents! lol JK! Your new guy sounds beautiful.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 02:23 AM   #7 
eclover09

Haha, Ive soooo done that. After I got my Laborday a year after my first Betta, my mom said that two was good enough...but then I told her the horrible conditions of Veteran in Wal Mart, so she caved...and then told me enough was enough, no more...but two weeks later she and I both fell in love with my fourth, Christmas. And she told me once again NO MORE but hah, that wont last when I fall in love with another <3
eclover09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 11:31 PM   #8 
anglnarnld

Cant Wait To See The Pics!!
anglnarnld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 11:42 PM   #9 
DormDrax

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKfish View Post
lol, congratz on your new fish. Though, if I did that, my parents would be so angry and I'd get in so much trouble XD. Pics?
My Parents LOVE Drax now... even heard the phrases...

Mom: "He is adorable... *See's me coming around the corner* For a fish that is..."

But if I had done that to get my tank it would have been out the window...

I had to pay for all my stuff myself... parents did help but they just said thats dipping into my Christmas gift fund... which is fine, I didn't want a new coat anyway, the one I got from 'Value Village' for 10bucks is wonderful (Mom HATES it though).
DormDrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 06:49 PM   #10 
baylee767

Lol I LOVE this! If I did that my mom would try to murder me so my dad would through my fish out the window...

Okay he wouldn't really throw a fish out the window. But he would sell it if I "lost" The reciept.
baylee767 is offline   Reply With Quote