Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-10-2010, 05:42 PM   #1 
MomokoCove

Problems with my breeding!Help?

I had bred Damien with Dahlia two days ago.As it turns out Damien bred with Persephone as well.They are seperated now but is there anything I should do?This is the first time this has happened.Damien is apparently the daddy of two spawns I suppose.He's being a good daddy so far.I'm just wondering like if he should stay with the fry til they are all hatched.This is very confusing.Even though I'm expecting a nice spawn.The one he bred with are both blue.Persephone is a steel blue VT and Dahlia is a royal blue VT.Damien on the other hand has very minor hints of marbling and is a butterfly.Oh, and is his body is a blue/purple color and his tail is a very nice vibrant blue with white on the edges.So, he carries those genes.Any help?

By the way I posted this almost same exact post on another fish forum same username.So, don't think I copied anybody please. :) My other thread explains everything I have set up so far.
MomokoCove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 06:08 PM   #2 
purplemuffin

I'm a bit confused, how did he 'accidentally' breed with both? Did you put two girls in the tank?
purplemuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 06:11 PM   #3 
MomokoCove

Well, I should've been more clear but apparently Persephone is a jumper and got into his tank when I was out of the room.She's a naughty little girl.Anyways, I did move her tank.
Old 10-10-2010, 06:46 PM   #4 
MrVampire181

XD Well I've had this happen before (jumping female). I don't see the problem other than you may have more fry than you may have wanted.

Now children, this is the importance of keeping lids on your bettas...hehe.
MrVampire181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 07:54 PM   #5 
bettalover2033

Im still confused, how did she jump over a 10 gallon tank? Also what gallon tank is she in?
bettalover2033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 07:56 PM   #6 
MomokoCove

Well, she jumped over into the 10gallon because she has a temporary tank that is the same height as the 10gallon.And me being the silly person I am had it filled so that that the water level was about an inch below the rim.Plus I put the tanks next to eachother. ); Lesson learned.
Old 10-10-2010, 08:28 PM   #7 
bettalover2033

Ohh i see. So he spawned with her twice and what do you have 2 bubblenest or the eggs are all in one big one?
Old 10-10-2010, 08:31 PM   #8 
MomokoCove

Well Damien has a really big one and then has the worst habit of building mini nests in other corners.So it's kinda spread out.Actually, it wasn't the same girl.xD So, when I go to sell my spawn it'll be a guessing game to figure out which baby has which mommy's genetics.Even though it's alot of work Damien is being a surprisingly good daddy with all the running around he has to do.
Old 10-10-2010, 08:34 PM   #9 
bettalover2033

Kool!! i am interested in a fry! so keep me posted! Also Where are you located?
Old 10-10-2010, 08:43 PM   #10 
MomokoCove

I'm in Ohio.Also, there will be more spawns with my extra tanks in case this pair doesn't work.Having 3 males and 3 females can be a good thing.xD And I'll be sure to keep you updated.