Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-12-2010, 08:22 PM   #1 
MrVampire181

High Schools! I can't decide!

Ok so today was Highschool recruitment day....YIKES. So many schools, a lot of free stuff (bribers...:P), and a lot of good things said about the schools.

The schools are:

Regis Jesuit
Machebeuf
Arrupe
JK Mullen (#1 for highschool football in the country BTW)

and I can't decide!! For distance Machebeuf and Regis are the two main ones and my first choice is Regis, but Machebeuf is easier to get into and cheaper. But Arrupe was just so chill and didn't try to bribe us like the others.

I just can't decide.
MrVampire181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 10:05 PM   #2 
Feral

Jesuit schools have a reputation for being fine educational institutions and can boast many well known alumni who've made names for themselves in both the private and public sectors. Be aware that they also have a reputation for being highly disciplined, no nonsense schools that don't tolerate less than highly disciplined students either. That's not to say that the other schools aren't equally fine- I don't know about any of them specifically...

Apparently, Arrupe is also a Jesuit institution, no?
Feral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 10:16 PM   #3 
Posaune

Jeez, I never had a choice for high schools. College is the first thing I got a chance to choose lol :P Pick something that meets the goals you want :) For the football one, unless you're a die hard fan or a good player, it probably doesn't matter whether the team is good or not :P
Posaune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 11:04 PM   #4 
dramaqueen
Banned

What you might want to do is make a list of the highschools and list pros and cons of each one. Maybe that will help you decide.
I didn't get to choose where I wanted to go, either. lol What I got was what I got! lol
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 05:28 PM   #5 
zelilaa

lol- i get to choose =P

Im either going to new world (first choice), dash (second choice), or MAC (fall-back because im already accepted there =P)
zelilaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 07:02 PM   #6 
MrVampire181

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feral View Post
Jesuit schools have a reputation for being fine educational institutions and can boast many well known alumni who've made names for themselves in both the private and public sectors. Be aware that they also have a reputation for being highly disciplined, no nonsense schools that don't tolerate less than highly disciplined students either. That's not to say that the other schools aren't equally fine- I don't know about any of them specifically...

Apparently, Arrupe is also a Jesuit institution, no?
Yeah I'm aware of how they are. But I've been to Regis a lot and have got to know how things are...I like it :)

Arrupe is Jesuit but most kids in my class, including myself, were denied...it's a money issue...unless you have super low income you can't go there, but they were the coolest who recruited at my school.
Old 10-14-2010, 12:15 AM   #7 
dramaqueen
Banned

Good luck with whatever you decide, Dominnic.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 11:37 AM   #8 
wallywestisthebest333

You get to choose your highschool? D: I wish we'd had that. then again I grew up in a rural area. There was only one school close enough to be convienient! XD
wallywestisthebest333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 02:44 PM   #9 
nochoramet

Haha I didn't get to choose my highschool! The school I went to was preschool-12th grade and we just went to that school all our years.
nochoramet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 05:16 PM   #10 
MrVampire181

Yeah well I go to catholic school and I'm trying to choose what catholic high school to go to...considering Machebeuf now but I'm still not sure.