Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-13-2010, 09:28 PM   #1 
Jupiter

Exciting news!

Well, for me, at least.

Today as I was going to class, I noticed that the 'hangout' place in my college had a table that were stacked with big cups.

Can you guess what was in those cups?

Yup, I couldn't believe my eyes! Bettas, and not just the standard red/blue VTs you see it Petsmart. There were really gorgeous boys, marbles and whites and even some CT females! I'd never seen a CT female before.

I chatted a bit with the girl who was behind the table selling them. She also has a black orchid betta, but hers is a CT. Anyway, she says that she imports these bettas from Thailand rather than breeding them. I couldn't talk much because I was running late for class, but she said she'd try to bring the bettas back again next week. There were a few people who seemed really interested in buying them. She was pretty nice though, so I hope she comes back so I can talk with her some more-I have no one irl to talk about bettas to!

...And of course, I had to buy one! How often do I get this sort of opportunity. It was really hard picking one out, they were all sooo cute...I ended up getting a pure white HM, which I've always wanted. I think he's a tailbiter though, the ends of his fins were ragged and a bit bloody-hopefully aquarium salt will help him. I love him, though...he tried to bite my finger when I first picked up his cup, and he attacked the lily pad I have floating on his side when I put him in.

Anywho, sorry I was away again for a short while. My laptop's AC adapater broke, and a replacement is too pricy! i got my dad to fix it over Thanksgiving though. So happy late Thanksgiving to you other Canadians!
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 09:32 PM   #2 
SilverCaracal

That's so cool!! I wish people randomly sold bettas at our school. *sigh*
SilverCaracal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 09:50 PM   #3 
wallywestisthebest333

Dude! D: That's AWESOME! :D Congrats! I wish we had someone at my school that did that! XD
wallywestisthebest333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 09:54 PM   #4 
Jupiter

I know! It was so weird! I hope she comes back again, though...but it'll be hard to resist buying more. D:
Old 10-13-2010, 09:57 PM   #5 
BettaLover101

That Black Orchid CT sounds really nice. I wish that sort of thing happened at my school.
BettaLover101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 03:01 PM   #6 
Strigiformes

i hope she tells everyone proper betta care
Strigiformes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 03:10 PM   #7 
Adastra

Yeah, that's what I'm worried about. Selling live animals in a school atmosphere is bound to cause problems--rather than going to the pet store after researching with the intent of getting a pet, a person just purchases the animal on impulse with no idea how to take care of it. Perhaps you could print out some cards with this forum's information on it so that the girl selling the bettas can pass them out to everyone who purchases or is interested in purchasing a betta.
Adastra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 04:57 PM   #8 
CodeRed

Fffff.... another person with an all-white betta o__o The jealousy... it's overpowering...
CodeRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 05:41 PM   #9 
Jupiter

While that would be a really good idea, I'm completely spineless and really cannot impose on other people...plus I don't have a printer. Most people don't research before the buy fish anyway, unfortunately.

Though I may try to talk to her about it if she comes back, if I can rack up the courage...
Old 10-15-2010, 06:01 PM   #10 
Adastra

Just think of the positive impact you may have on dozens of fish! :) You could always ask a friend to print some for you, or pay a few cents at the library.
Adastra is offline   Reply With Quote