Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-17-2010, 02:25 PM   #11 
Caliban

Should I worry about disinfecting these when I get them, or are her plants pretty safe?
Caliban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 02:32 PM   #12 
sunnymui

I didn't get mine from Heather, but I put them in a jar with some clean water over a week with 2 water changes (just in case, or that I'm paranoid!)
sunnymui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 03:33 PM   #13 
Lion Mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caliban View Post
Should I worry about disinfecting these when I get them, or are her plants pretty safe?
IMO/E, Heather's plants are safe. I have had multiple orders from her and never had a problem.
Lion Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 04:34 PM   #14 
Jupiter

I got one recently too, a pet store at the mall started carrying them. Neither Gemma nor my new boys pays any attention to it! They do look really neat though, and they're very hardy.
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 01:07 PM   #15 
scootshoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caliban View Post
Thanks! I may see if the local petsmart has them to save the $15 on shipping. Yikes!
Pretty common for Petsmart to carry these. They usually won't place these in plant only tanks, look for them in fish community tanks.
scootshoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 01:53 PM   #16 
Caliban

Got my mossy driftwood and moss balls today from http://www.plantedaquariumscentral.com Fantastic! I don't mind paying a little bit more for some peace of mind. Caliban seems very curious about both. The driftwood gives him another hidie fort, which he seems to appreciate, and I think I saw him "gardening" only a few minutes after putting the plants in as he was nudging a piece of gravel that was on top of one of his decorations around with is nose. The moss balls are adorable. I was a bit skeptical about the idea of a ball of algae doubling as a pet for some people, but now I kinda' get it. I would highly recommend both the moss balls and the website.
Caliban is offline   Reply With Quote