Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-14-2010, 07:18 PM   #11 
Jupiter

I'm sure they've got a good reason why they don't use it.

Beefheart is used by a lot of fish keepers...though I hear it's not very good. but the betta isn't being fed solely that, he's got a varied diet.
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 09:47 PM   #12 
crownie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CodeRed View Post
I don't use conditioner. It's not needed here, since we've got very clean water. If we don't know his predicament, how can we judge? His fish looks fine and healthy, so why get upset about a situation we know nothing about?
Very true. Their bettas do look beautiful and healthy.
crownie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 10:24 PM   #13 
1fish2fish

Whatever his methods are they clearly aren't very good. He puts up some of the worst looking fins I've ever seen. Only occasionally do I find a fish I would actually consider buying.

There are many reasons he may not use water conditioner. Obviously the fish aren't dead so I wouldn't read too much into it. I've never seen one of his fish live in person so I can't say much about the feeding quality only to re-iterate that IMO the fish are not of the best quality.
1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 05:54 PM   #14 
fishman12

it's odd though, to me
fishman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 06:14 PM   #15 
MrVampire181

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fish2fish View Post
Whatever his methods are they clearly aren't very good. He puts up some of the worst looking fins I've ever seen. Only occasionally do I find a fish I would actually consider buying.

There are many reasons he may not use water conditioner. Obviously the fish aren't dead so I wouldn't read too much into it. I've never seen one of his fish live in person so I can't say much about the feeding quality only to re-iterate that IMO the fish are not of the best quality.
I think he's a color breeder, his clors are nice but those fins are bleh. IMO you need to have a good mix of color and finnage, with finnage being the more important of the two.

I did see a nice white one but still those fins.....
MrVampire181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 09:44 AM   #16 
purplemuffin

:( Ew, yeah. I remember on aquabid I got excited cause I saw a bunch of veiltails for sale.. it was all his and a lot of them looked pretty nasty! :O Like, maybe one or two were ok, he seemed more concerned with the pure red fins with the pure white scales, I agree! Those tails were bizarre looking!
purplemuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 04:50 PM   #17 
1fish2fish

He's also a breeder that doesn't know the difference between dragonscale and just plain metallic. A masked metallic is NOT a dragon. But there are a lot of sellers putting up "dragons" that aren't actually dragons.

ETA... THIS guy! Now this is a nice fish. I wish I could afford him but I can't go that high for one fish right now.

http://www.aquabid.com/cgi-bin/aucti...shm&1287539928

Last edited by 1fish2fish; 10-16-2010 at 04:54 PM.
1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 05:31 PM   #18 
crownie

I feel like his veiltails and half moons don't look so great fin wise, but I do have to say I fancy some of his doubles. His double line use to have really uneven lobes (<-not sure if that's the right word XD) and I hated it. But I guess they've done some work and now look mostly even.

^That fish is so pretty!
crownie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 05:58 PM   #19 
Capricorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by CodeRed View Post
I don't use conditioner. It's not needed here, since we've got very clean water. If we don't know his predicament, how can we judge? His fish looks fine and healthy, so why get upset about a situation we know nothing about?
I agree with this! I could probably get away without conditioner as well, I just use it as a precaution. The fish look healthy.. maybe the finnage isn't as great as the Thai breeders or some of the other breeders, but his fish aren't dying or sickly looking.

If it works, it works, right?
Capricorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 06:14 PM   #20 
CodeRed

Agreed. It's bad breeding causing his fish to look iffy, not his care quality.
CodeRed is offline   Reply With Quote