Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-18-2010, 09:15 PM   #1 
kiddomagic

Red face is the temperature supposed to be like this?

so, i got a 32 gallon tank as a early biiirfday present. i'm really glad my mom and dad actually got it for me. I HAVE BEEN BEGGING FOR ONE EVERY SINCE SUMMER.
anyways... i decorated it, blahblahblahhh. no fishes yet, tho. in it's cycling periodd.
my therm. says 82 degrees. when i touch the water, it feels SO COOLD. and i do have the heater on. it's automatic so it'll turn off the water gets too hot, and it'll start when the water gets too cold.

is the water supposed to be like this? it feels really cold...
82 degreess! i will lower it down for the betta's, but i'm not getting' them until, weeeks.
i'm putting in shrimp, other fish, etc. so the betta won't be all SCHOOL BULLY-ish.

i thought 75 degrees was supposed to be already warm...
but 80 degrees is cold. huuuuh? heeelp.?

kiddomagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 09:20 PM   #2 
metalbetta

Well, since your regular body temp is 98.6 degrees I'd think that anything below that feels cooler.

My 10 gallon stays at a steady 81 degrees, and it feels cool. I wouldn't worry...
metalbetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 07:23 AM   #3 
kiddomagic

ooh, i just checked the tank when i woke up today. i did a quick remodel, and i felt the water. it's cold, but not TOO cold. it's above cold, but lower than warm. see what i mean?
kiddomagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 07:58 AM   #4 
BlueHaven

Your thermometer or heater could be broken, but things can still affect you and make water feel cooler or warmer than it actually is.
I've tested my betta's water before by putting (I have a thermometer) my hand in it and it felt VERY warm. I was so worried the heater broke but realized it was just that I had been using my computer which gets really warm. It was at the right temperature.

You situation might be different, but it could be something like that! I hope you cvan figure it out, :)
BlueHaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 06:59 PM   #5 
crowntail lover

A tank heated at 82 is perfect for tropical fish. Thats what most of my tanks are heated as...Some around 80, but nothing under
crowntail lover is offline   Reply With Quote