Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-20-2010, 05:03 PM   #31 
Feral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Learn To Fly View Post
Yeah, lucid dreams aren't necessarily when you can control your dreams, but there are different levels of lucidity. It can range from simply being aware that you're dreaming to being able to control your dreams. I can't control my dreams but I often know that I'm dreaming and can decide to wake up or not. Here's where I learned a lot about it in case any one is interested: http://www.dreamviews.com/content/
Yeah, exactly .... what I've found (for me anyway) is that it's not nearly as interesting if you exert full control over the dream. I like the unexpected twists and turns the subconscious throws into the plot- otherwise it's got a tendency to be overscripted and less like improv.

One dream that sticks in my head is one where I was accompanying a friend to a doctors appointment in a multi story building in a large city with elevated freeways and somewhere after reaching the umpteenth floor we got seperated, so I was roaming the halls looking for him and noticed a lot of plaster chunks and dust on the floor- I'm thinking 'what the...?' until I opened a door and saw that somehow, a semi truck and traiiler on the elevated road had gone through the guardrail and crashed through the roof and through several floors. Climbing down through the hole on the now badly tilted floor, I checked the truck to see if the driver was there- he was but he was dead, so I looked under the truck to see if there was anyone under it. There wasn't, but the truck shifted in the rubble and pinned me down, still gradually inching up on my body. I soon realized it was going to crush me, at which point my lucid self had to decide if it wanted to stay and watch dream me die. Odd feeling leaving your own self to die, but somehow it was actually rather peaceful knowing that lucid self could walk away from dream selfs impending death and live to dream another night. I think I'll remember that one for quite a while.

Last edited by Feral; 10-20-2010 at 05:06 PM. Reason: spelling
Feral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 06:42 PM   #32 
bloo97

OMG once I was asleep, but I woke up and I couldn't move. I was in sleep Paralasys! It was freaky. I couldn't move, or speak.
bloo97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 07:50 PM   #33 
Betta Slave

How DO you lucid dream? I've always wanted to but I've never been able to.
Betta Slave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 07:56 PM   #34 
bloo97

Same question I have.
bloo97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 08:08 PM   #35 
Feral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betta Slave View Post
How DO you lucid dream? I've always wanted to but I've never been able to.
I think Learn to Fliys link- http://www.dreamviews.com/content/ may be of use to you, looks interesting and I'm going to check it out when I have time to give it my full attention.

I'm not sure that it's something that everyone can do, but I wouldn't say no either- I just don't know! If I remember correctly, I started having a dual awareness of my dreams (actor and director) and influence on them when I was right on the brink of being in a dream state- that 'in and out' point where you're right on the edge of deep sleep if that makes any sense? Not quite conscious but not yet unconscious and feeling a sense of pleasantness or unpleasantness as to where things were going and either yielding to the dream state or fighting it... It's been a long time and it was gradual, so hard to pin down what the differences were and at what point what progress occurred.

I can tell you though that if you can achieve it, it's like having two lives in totally different realities- I love it!

EDIT TO ADD:

Here's a short clip from the lead page of LEARN TO FLYs link:

"Imagine being able to do anything you wanted. Having the ability to do physically impossible things, and things you have always wanted to do. Well, this is in fact possible, with something called Lucid Dreaming. Lucid Dreaming is being aware of the fact that you are dreaming, which gives you consciousness. This is the most amazing feeling ever, and it gets better. You can take control of the dream with this consciousness, and do literally anything, there is no limit to what you can do within a dream. And, it can feel extremely realistic."

Fascinating huh?

Last edited by Feral; 10-20-2010 at 08:23 PM.
Feral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 08:31 PM   #36 
Betta Slave

That's really cool!

Thank you... I will try the techniques on the website.
Betta Slave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 10:50 PM   #37 
Alex09

I do believe it will take alot of time and alot of patience... I have done research and wow, its like taking another college class :P
Alex09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 11:04 PM   #38 
SilverCaracal

I always lucid dream. I used to always have two lucid dreams. They both took place in the city I used to live in and on the long sidewalk outside of my apartments and around the apartments. I would always try to run away and hide from this person chasing me and sometimes I couldn't run and the person caught up with me, but then I would think that it's not fair and I get to have a few extra seconds to run away again. Then if I'm really desperate to get away, I choose to jump to a planet like Mars. Then the person follows and I have to jump from planet to planet. Of course I get to choose which planet I want to go on. I never die in my dreams because I get to control a lot of it :)

Edit: This would be lucid dreaming because I can control what I do and what other people do, right? I've always thought it was normal.

Last edited by SilverCaracal; 10-20-2010 at 11:09 PM.
SilverCaracal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 12:20 AM   #39 
Alex09

Huh. I always die. I get strangled by serpents, poisoned, burned alive, car /plane crash, attacked and mauled my some animal, I once even had a guy jump me in the forest and he was eating out chunks of my face... I don't think I die in all my dreams lol but those are the ones I always remember. When I have those type of dreams I usually wake up with a silent scream. Anyone have that? When you start to scream
But It gets stuck in your throat?
Alex09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 12:27 AM   #40 
Learn To Fly

Haha glad my link was so much help. I did a science project on lucid dreaming last year. A lot of times I have dreams multiple times and the second time I always know what I have to do in the dream (Ex. if someone's chasing me where I have to hide)
Learn To Fly is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
the hunger games, watermelons