Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-13-2010, 06:14 PM   #1 
zelilaa

Angry :0 abused dwarf frogs!

ZOMG- I was in homeroom today, but not in out rag. classroom. Since there was testing going on on the third floor of the school which is the floor I'm on, my class had to be in some big room on the second floor. So, The room is a L.A room. I do not know this teacher, and have never even seen her before! But when doing my work, I looked at her desk and noticed a small plastic box my mom uses to hold her BUTTONS being used to kept a female and a male ADF. It was about 4 inches high and 3 inches wide. :O The female was about 2 inches long, and when she streched she almost reached the other side of the thing. Not only were there 2 ADFs in something about the size of Petco betta cups, but there was gravel about an 1 and 3/4 high in the thing that was a tacky blue, and a stick of bamboo and some weird glass rock with sharp edges. I wish I knew this teacher so I could say something about the thing... But there's nothing I can do because I don't even know this lady!
zelilaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 06:55 PM   #2 
Adastra

You should write her a long note discussing your concerns, print out a care sheet on african dwarf frogs with a few useful website links, and put it in her mailbox. You don't have to sign it, and she doesn't have to know who it is from. Most main offices in school buildings have a mail box for each teacher, so that would be a good way to do it. Make sure you write about the repercussions of what she's doing to those frogs--every child who goes through her classroom and sees them will think that the way she's keeping them is acceptable. It's her job as an educator to enlighten her students and to pass on positive values--none of which involve animal abuse.
Adastra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 07:13 PM   #3 
zelilaa

thank you^^ ! any other ideas as well? i love yours adastra :) my school has no mailbox, but ifi decide to do it (i probably will) i'll be sure to just slip it under her door.
Old 10-13-2010, 08:48 PM   #4 
BlueHaven

Wow, I don't understand how someone can think anything can live in something it can barely move in. If it wasn't meant to move at all, or much if any, it's probably not going to be something living.
It's not that hard to get them something bigger than that....

But any way, I definitely agree with Adastra, maybe to get her attention in the beginning, you could add a few pictures of some cool looking homes with African Dwarf Frogs in them.
BlueHaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 09:45 PM   #5 
zelilaa

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueHaven View Post
Wow, I don't understand how someone can think anything can live in something it can barely move in. If it wasn't meant to move at all, or much if any, it's probably not going to be something living.
It's not that hard to get them something bigger than that....

But any way, I definitely agree with Adastra, maybe to get her attention in the beginning, you could add a few pictures of some cool looking homes with African Dwarf Frogs in them.

That's such a great idea! I'm googling some of these photos right now. :3

P.S) would yall take a look at this and tell me if its all accurate so far? I love ADFs and i have all the info on that page about them memorized. Ive been researching them for months. for wanted a quick check to see if its accurate!
Old 10-15-2010, 01:47 PM   #6 
Adastra

It's definitely a good start! Here's one of my favorite ADF caresheets, you should give it a look and see if there's anything in it that you could add to your sheet: http://www.ultimatebettas.com/index.php?showtopic=14039

Also, just so you know, the picture on your site is of an African Clawed Frog, not an African Dwarf Frog, so you might want to pick out a different picture. FuulieQ has a few ADFs, perhaps she or another member will let you use one of their pictures. :)

If you want someone to proofread it before you give it to the teacher, I have a degree in English, so I'm used to looking over people's papers and reports. Let me know if you want any help.

Last edited by Adastra; 10-15-2010 at 01:50 PM.
Adastra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 09:47 PM   #7 
zelilaa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adastra View Post
It's definitely a good start! Here's one of my favorite ADF caresheets, you should give it a look and see if there's anything in it that you could add to your sheet: http://www.ultimatebettas.com/index.php?showtopic=14039

Also, just so you know, the picture on your site is of an African Clawed Frog, not an African Dwarf Frog, so you might want to pick out a different picture. FuulieQ has a few ADFs, perhaps she or another member will let you use one of their pictures. :)

If you want someone to proofread it before you give it to the teacher, I have a degree in English, so I'm used to looking over people's papers and reports. Let me know if you want any help.
I wrote the letter today, and slipped it under her door while my friends watched me. Then i knocked and we got the hell out of that hallway!! I also includes a 2 page caresheet and some photos :) Also, I do realize it's an african clawed frog. Its a photo submission from a member on Deviant Art

Tags
adf, african dwarf frogs, cruel, school, teacher