Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-16-2010, 02:14 PM   #1 
CodeRed

How would you do it?

So, lately I've been getting the hankering to do /something/, and I've decided I'd like to raise some money for a local no-kill animal shelter. I've been thinking that I'll take some pictures of the dogs and cats at the shelter and make them into a calendar of some sort, and try to sell them to neighbors, friends, and family. My question is is how could I go about selling these the best way...? First I was thinking going door-to-door, maybe putting one at the local pet store (if allowed), craigslist, and so on.... But what else can I do?
None of the money will go to me, it'll all go to the shelter, after the fee for the calendars is payed off. I'm just tired of seeing all of these videos and stories of animals and pets that have no where to go, and are being euthed and stuff. I'd like to help raise money for a shelter that needs it, and to raise awareness of what those animals are going through, and how they can save a life or help make a life better, depending on where they go...
So, now that I've buried my question, I'll ask again :P What else can I do to advertise these calendars?

Last edited by CodeRed; 10-16-2010 at 02:17 PM.
CodeRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 02:18 PM   #2 
weluvbettas

Could you put a add in the local newspaper? Stating that what your doing it for and that all the money goes to this charity.
weluvbettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 02:20 PM   #3 
CodeRed

I'll try that! (: Thanks!
Old 10-16-2010, 02:21 PM   #4 
weluvbettas

Good luck! :)
weluvbettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 02:22 PM   #5 
CodeRed

Thanks! I'll need it -.-; Maybe I can convince the mother to go get the pictures tomorrow, if they're open. When I get them I'll ask for your guys' help in choosing the best ones.
Old 10-16-2010, 03:37 PM   #6 
Learn To Fly

If you have a locally owned store (LPS or food market) you could see if they'd sell them there.
Learn To Fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 04:01 PM   #7 
Drift

You can always try the local Vet offices to sell them for you too. We sell cookies at ours. We're also partners with the local SPCA and do a lot of fund raising events with them.
Most private practices are really nice about those kind of things though. Also set some up at the shelter as well.
The internet as well. Craigslist is a good start, facebook and having people share the link on their profiles to were they can purchase them, and social network really. (Tumblr, Twitter, Myspace, Live Journal, etc.)
If I think of more I'll come back and post them.
Drift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 04:07 PM   #8 
Jupiter

That's a great idea CodeRed! Try to put ads up wherever you can. You know, in coffee shops and such, people usually check them out...
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 04:10 PM   #9 
fishman12

That's a great idea! All the good sugestions have been said already, though. Good Luck! :)
fishman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 04:17 PM   #10 
CodeRed

Thank you everyone for the ideas! I hope this works out ((: It's a project I hope will really help the shelter.