Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-16-2010, 07:46 PM   #1 
anglnarnld

Okay, Im addicted! But Why??

Okay, I started like everyone else, just wanting a fish. But then after the first fish dies, the addictions starts! I started to get more and more and more fish!! I saw and wanted variety, I think thats what got me... But to all you betta owners why do you think people get addicted??
anglnarnld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 07:51 PM   #2 
Jupiter

Because bettas are addicting! The different types, the personalities...for me, I always want to set up new tanks and decorate them! That's what I really like...and the first time you show your betta his new home...it's such a satisfying feeling. :D
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 09:10 PM   #3 
wolfdreamer

the different colors and tail types they are easyer to care for,we had a gold fish but it died with in 4 hr but the betta is still with us, and now we have 8.They are also fun to watch and so many in need of good homes.
wolfdreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 09:18 PM   #4 
Alex09

LOL. I only have one. I REALLY wanted to buy a pk male I saw at the store the other day but forced myself not to. It bugged me for a while though.

I am COMMITTED to my one betta fish :P I dont want to end up with 40 tanks in my room

Last edited by Alex09; 10-16-2010 at 09:25 PM.
Alex09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 09:23 PM   #5 
dukie1346

Good Luck with that Alex!

It's hard to resist them because when you see that beautiful betta in that small cup, just waiting, you just want to give it a good home. You may think, oh it's only one more tank, but in reality, it adds up fast.

So, that's why I'm addicted.. I feel sorry for them, they have an awesome personality, and they're beautiful.
dukie1346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 09:52 PM   #6 
fishman12

I really want more, but do not have the room or money for another.
fishman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 01:02 AM   #7 
Moldau

I'm also going to stick with just one for now (while I'm in college anyway). It was so hard to choose that one, though, knowing that the others I liked would probably not get a good home. I'm going to have to stay away from the Bettas in stores from now on, because it will be hard to resist the urge if I see one I really like. Just seeing the sad little fishies in their cups makes it hard to resist addiction. I think I should also gather up all the receipts from buying my current fish's tank, equipment, and decorations to remind me of what it would cost to get another.
Moldau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 01:16 AM   #8 
MrVampire181

Hmmm lets see. Well you can draw a betta with any kind of fins and fill it in with whatever color and your guarenteed to find it :)

I love how beautiful they look when they spawn. Also watching them grow from tiny white dots to full blown beauties in a few months.....amazing :)
MrVampire181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 01:35 AM   #9 
eclover09

Haha I got my first a year ago and actually stuck with only him until two months ago...I got my second, then two weeks later I got my third then a month after that my fourth...

To tell the truth, I have an addictive personality rofl Like the real deal, like an OCD. I've always tried to find a hobby or something that I could do to kinda "ebb" it, but I've always been a huge animal lover and I've always wanted all these pets but my parents always have said no and that very much frustrates people with addictive personalities haha. I fell in love with my first fish Valentine, then Laborday and then after that I saw Veteran and Christmas and just something about them I had to have. So now, I just have a thing for Betta's, it's amazing to see such unique personalities in such small fish.

Granted it's not the cheapest thing for my addictive personality to center on lol but there so worth it. Literally, every other paycheck I have gets all blown on things for my fish (Even more then my two dogs and rabbit, sad isn't it? :P). There just great, if your a true animal lover there's no way you can't fall in love with them.
eclover09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 02:43 PM   #10 
Alex09

How can you spend more on fish than on a dog!? a bag of good dog food costs like $40...
Alex09 is offline   Reply With Quote